Japanese release of Okami PS3 Confirmed

#1 Posted by Cathryn (550 posts) -

Story here at andriasang.com:

http://andriasang.com/con1j1/okami_ps3_confirmed/

I have the PS2 version, but it's been sitting on my backlog forever, I think a US release of an HD remaster would finally give me the motivation to play this. It'd be gorgeous in HD. Hopefully we'll see this in other regions as well.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

*runs off to learn Japanese like a motherfucker*

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Wonder what is new in this version.

#4 Posted by wumbo3000 (1007 posts) -

Yes! Okami in HD will look stunning!

#5 Posted by Im_a_Wizard (51 posts) -

Perhaps my favourite game of all time. If Capcom ever hires Platinum to make a true sequel, I'd be so happy.

#6 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

Now just release it on the EU store and I'll buy it without giving a seconds thought.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11406 posts) -

I wonder if it'll have Move support. I played the Wii version of the game, and I liked the stuff they did with the Wii controls.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I really need to play Okamiden. I loved Okami (though it felt perhaps a bit too long near the end) and I'm looking forward to how this version looks, even though I may not get it.

#9 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

This is wonderful news.

#10 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

I wonder if it'll have Move support. I played the Wii version of the game, and I liked the stuff they did with the Wii controls.

It does say there is Move support. 

Also full 1080p HD. Yum. 
#11 Posted by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

All that Okami in 1080ps!

#12 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

Loved this game, but didn't it do worse in Japan than it did here? No doubt it'll look gorgeous though.

#13 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
According to Capcom's announcement, Okami HD will have HD visuals, a 16x9 aspect ratio, and PlayStation Move support for making your Celestial Brush strokes. Trophy support (including a Platinum Trophy) will also be included.
In Europe and North America, Okami HD will be a download release this fall, priced USD 19.99.
#14 Posted by Im_a_Wizard (51 posts) -

kind of sad that platinum will be getting $0 from this.

#15 Posted by Legend (2664 posts) -

One of the best games of all time that many people sadly missed. Now is their chance to experience it.

#16 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

Always wanted to play this but never got around to buying it. Looks like it'll be a psn game as well, which makes me even more excited.

#17 Posted by Meltac (2009 posts) -

My life is complete now.

#18 Posted by TheHT (11798 posts) -

Move required?

#19 Posted by Cathryn (550 posts) -

@TheHT: There are move controls, but Move is not required -- you can play with a regular controller as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.