Okami shoes by Liz <3

• 57 results
#1 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

I made these shoes after beating Okami for the first time, It took me about 5 hours and a pack of acrylic paint to get the job done. I'm looking for more suggestions for shoes and also for a controller so I can 1up that Zelda controller. So let me know what you think of these <3

#2 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

This is... Pretty awesome. It reminds me of the Akuma shoes.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Oh wow, these are very impressive. Nice job.

#4 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Those are amazing... I want them so damn badly!

For a suggestions for another pair of shoes has to be fallout new vegas, the amount of stuff you can put on them would be amazing.

#5 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

Thanks for the comments! I'll definitely consider a New Vegas theme, I could see myself doing that on a 360 controller.

#6 Posted by blueballs (6 posts) -

OMG THESE ARE AMAZING i made an account just to say these are AMAZING!!!!!!

#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Wow, great work. These are very impressive.

#8 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (720 posts) -

Those are really good. Okami's style really works for shoes, too, it seems.

#9 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

Deus Ex? Some cyberpunk is always awesome :) OR for something more cutesy maybe some Little Big Planet?

#10 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Jesus that looks good.

#11 Posted by blueballs (6 posts) -

cant stop looking at them love them!

#12 Posted by blueballs (6 posts) -

you think you could do Naruto on one shoe and Sasuke on the other ? that would be just awesome

#13 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

I actually made a pair of shoes like that for a friend, I'll see if I still have the images on my computer. Thanks for all the comments btw!!!

#14 Posted by blueballs (6 posts) -

awesome hope you can find the pics would love to see them

#15 Posted by bassman2112 (816 posts) -

Those are absolutely astounding, great work with that =) I sent pictures of them on to my best friend and I'm sure she's going insane about them haha

#16 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4674 posts) -

Nice work.

#17 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Impressive. Great job!

#18 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3767 posts) -

Wow those are super rad. How much would it cost me to get a pair of Viewtiful Joe shoes? :D

#19 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

If you send me the shoes and pay shipping, we can discuss a good price after i send you a pic of em :)

#20 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

That's pretty impressive, it took me about 60 hours to beat Okami. I know, I know. I'm a bit of a slouch when it comes to quickly finishing games and it usually only takes around 30 hours.

Still, to think that a pack of acrylic paint made all the difference in shaving those tens of hours off...

#21 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

Yeah, the acrylic paints were like playing with cheats on. I just used them to paint "The bigger picture" and I instantly understood the the workings of life it'slef and blew through the game super quick. : P

#22 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

@LadyAensland said:

Yeah, the acrylic paints were like playing with cheats on. I just used them to paint "The bigger picture" and I instantly understood the the workings of life it'slef and blew through the game super quick. : P

Now here's a user after my own heart.

Cool shoes btw.

#23 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Also, judging by your username, you should make a Darkstalkers shoes.

#24 Edited by Branthog (7340 posts) -

Shit like this is why I've always tended to fall in love with the art-chicks. Fucking amazing. I wouldn't ever wear them, though. These go up on a small shelf with a display throw light for people to be impressed by. Also, you could always create a GiantBomb themed shoe and send them in for the mailbag. Only do one pair of shoes, though, so we can watch the fight to the death over who gets to keep them on the video. My vote is for Vinny, because that fucker will shiv anyone who gets in his way.

#25 Edited by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

lol thats very sweet of you ^_^

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Those are pretty incredible. Well done.

#27 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

They look fantastic! I'm generally not a fan of skate shoes but I would wear those.

As for suggestions, I would really be curious to see what you could do with a Street Fighter theme.

#28 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -

Nice.

There needs to be a service where you can upload a .jpeg to a website and get some vans with the picture printed on them.

#29 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
#30 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Skillz. You got it.

#31 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

Absolutely beautiful work. You got any other art you can share?

#32 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

@Andorski said:

Nice.

There needs to be a service where you can upload a .jpeg to a website and get some vans with the picture printed on them.

Unfortunately, said service would be sued into non-existence in about five minutes for copyright infringement. It happens when daycare centers paint the walls inside with pictures of Disney characters or when someone orders a custom cake with Mario on it. In a situation like this (an amateur, more or less, doing stuff on Etsy or otherwise sort of one-offs) the best hope is that they would fly under the radar or that lawyers for property owners would just overlook it. Or in some cases (like Valve), they would just say "hey, that's awesome - keep at it".

Not something to worry about for this artist, right now, though. At worst, someone may eventually send a cease-and-desist, at which time you simply cease doing it. Or if it's making enough income for them doing the art, see if you can work something out with the owner of the copyright. Or, as I have suggested privately, just sell the plain shoes and the art comes free. :P (Okay, I don't know if that last one would actually pass muster, but I like the balls that doing that would require).

#33 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Wow, that is honestly impressive.

As someone mentioned before, some Viewtiful Joe themed shoes would look great.

#34 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Very impressive! Those shoes would sell good on my book.

#35 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Fantastic work.

I wish I possessed a fraction (a small one even, like 1/27) of your obvious artistic talents. Although I fear if I did I would most likely spend the rest of my days scrawling vistas of Street Fighter battles on any workable surface I could find.

Or just obscenely technical drawings of mechs and various other robotic sci-fi objects. Yeah... most likely that. Somehow I don't think that would make for the best looking pair of shoes though.

A shame.

#36 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

@countinhallways said:

Fantastic work.

I wish I possessed a fraction (a small one even, like 1/27) of your obvious artistic talents. Although I fear if I did I would most likely spend the rest of my days scrawling vistas of Street Fighter battles on any workable surface I could find.

Or just obscenely technical drawings of mechs and various other robotic sci-fi objects. Yeah... most likely that. Somehow I don't think that would make for the best looking pair of shoes though.

A shame.

I completely agree. I was very artistic in my earlier days. In fact, I've had paintings featured in national exhibits. However, I don't have skill on anything near the level of people like LadyAensland. I am terribly envious. I'm the stereotypical engineer who makes things work, but can't make them beautiful. You can call expert software design and coding an "art", but at no point does it even approach the capability to convey what a real artist can with the simplest of tools and canvases. It's a little bit like vocalists, who I'm also envious of. I often think about how not being able to create works of art or not being able to sing feels a little bit like being mute or illiterate. You know that you have so much to express to the rest of the world, but no ability to do it so effectively. Even as a writer, I feel incapable of saying in even ten thousand words what some artists say in one and some vocalists say in a couple dozen.

It makes me appreciate the "starving artist" more. The world would be far less interesting without them. Sometimes I make fun of starving artists and say they should get a real job. My little secret is that I'm fiercely jealous of them.

#37 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

@LadyAensland said:

By the way, one concern I would have with something like this (a thing which a great many - or most - people would want merely as an art-piece and never actual clothing) is what its life-span would be. Most art requires great consideration as to preservation. The type of canvas or paper it is on - whether acidic or affected by light. The kind of glass or other material that frames or encloses it. Sometimes necessitating a spray or other protective coating.

These could be great pieces of art for people to own, but I could see a concern as to whether the ink/paint would fade (especially since it is on the materials the shoes are made of which may have contribute expirative[*] qualities, themselves).

Could you look into that? It may be something you have to investigate on some art related forums where people have already had to deal with similar issues, but it would be important for your future sales, I think (and if there is an easy solution, it would be a thing to advertise, too). Perhaps there is a simple spray you could use and then if someone sticks them in a display case, they'll last for decades or centuries, for all I know (and I'd certainly HOPE that!).

[*] I don't think 'expirative' is a word and it didn't show up in the dictionary, but I fucking dig it, so I'm going to pretend it's legitimate.

#38 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

@LadyAensland:

You're very talented. Those look very nice.

#39 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

Hot Damn ! I want some .

#40 Posted by wafflez (521 posts) -

Those are awesome.. slap a person 4 mural on some size 11 mens new balance shoes and you will have all of my money :p

#41 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

They look fantastic. I'm not elegant enough, nor am I cool enough to wear them, but I'm glad they exist.

#42 Posted by Thoseposers (773 posts) -

excellent excellent work :D

#43 Posted by Blannir (243 posts) -

Incredible, very nice work there.

#44 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

@wafflez said:

Those are awesome.. slap a person 4 mural on some size 11 mens new balance shoes and you will have all of my money :p

New Balance. You just gave me an awesome idea. A pair of white New Balance shoes with a Steve Jobs portrait painted on them. Schwing!

#45 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Nice shoes but if you can do that to a white Toyota Rav4 then I might have to hire you for your next project

#46 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Jesus that looks good.
#47 Posted by Mosswine (10 posts) -

Amazing shoes! The colors are so vibrant!!! My friend showed me this a few days ago and I had to make an account just to let you know!

#48 Posted by Mosswine (10 posts) -

I had to dig through the forums to find this page hopefully I can bump this and put it back on the front page. Everyone deserves to see these.

#49 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

Great job Jerm... LadyAensland!

#50 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

@Mosswine: Haha thanks >.<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.