Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ōkami

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 18, 2006

Ōkami is an action-adventure game in which the goddess Amaterasu restores life and beauty to a world that has been taken over by malevolent beings through the power of celestial calligraphy techniques.

The word "Okami" in Japanese

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Patchinko

Ōkami

It's a play on words in Japanese.

It means both "wolf" and "god". The kanji in the poster is the kanji for "god", but there is no mistaking that it's a pun.

I just wanted to throw that out there since I've submitted that tidbit of info to this entry twice and had it rejected both times, but thought it might be of interest to some peeps. :)
    Prons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prons

Why was it rejected? Sounds pretty proper to me.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

I added information about the Wii version of Okami and the fact that Capcom took the credits out of the ported version, it was rejected once, but I resubmitted it again and it said it was accepted, however the information isn't there. Pretty odd to me.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Patchinko

I don't know why it was rejected, as I fixed a bunch of poor grammar in the original post as well.

But I'm guessing what happened the second time is that someone added a lot of information (the tracklisting of the soundtrack, for example, which wasn't there when I submitted the second time) and had that as a pending sub, which got accepted, and then they got to my pending sub, which was an update of an older version of the page and rejected it outright.

Anyway, yeah it seems like a pretty neat factoid to have in the article, so I'll resubmit it again, but if someone else (maybe someone with 1K+ points) wants to throw it in there, go for it! :)

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By hexogen

I was in a similar situation. I edited it last night. There were numerous grammatical errors throughout the article, as well as a slew of inconsistencies in the formatting that made it look very messy and unorganized. For example, there is no line break between the first and second paragraphs, but there are line breaks between paragraphs throughout the rest of the article. The soundtrack section of the article has colons in the title and subtitles while the rest of the article did not. The first sentence has umlauts on the 'O' in the word 'Ōkami', while the rest of the article just had plain old 'O's. I fixed all of these things, as well as added a few sentences of my own (including the tidbit about Ōkami's title being a pun). After I was done with the article I thought it looked much nicer. I submitted my work and it went live immediately. I came back to the page tonight out of curiosity to see if anyone had added anything to the article. Imagine my surprise when I look over the article and realize that it's been rolled back to the old messy version. Apparently someone out there didn't like my submission!

I'm thinking it was because I deleted the characters section from the article, but come on! I would understand rolling it back if I had deleted paragraphs of valuable information, but the character section is three words long. Besides, Giant Bomb has dedicated character pages. There is absolutely no need for a character section in the article. If you want to talk about a certain character, make a character page for them. Of course, this might not be the reason it was rolled back at all, but still, I was left with no explanation, so what can I do but speculate? It'd be nice if the ninja who rolled this back could tell me exactly what was wrong with my version of the article, so I can fix those mistakes and resubmit it.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By hexogen
    Linkyshinks said:
    "It's a fucking scandal how Capcom did not pay credit to the original team at Clover, it nearly made me not buy the Wii version when I found that out. That may seem drastic but I am a big fan of Clover/Platinum Games work, and I adore Okami.

Capcom have said recently that if enough copies of the Wii game sell they would consider making a sequel. I wonder what Kamiya thinks about that, he cannot be very happy. I know he would love to make the sequel.

"
    Ugh, I hope not. Okami is a game that doesn't need a sequel, in my opinion. Especially without Kamiya at the helm.

Patchinko said:
    "I don't know why it was rejected, as I fixed a bunch of poor grammar in the original post as well.

But I'm guessing what happened the second time is that someone added a lot of information (the tracklisting of the soundtrack, for example, which wasn't there when I submitted the second time) and had that as a pending sub, which got accepted, and then they got to my pending sub, which was an update of an older version of the page and rejected it outright.

Anyway, yeah it seems like a pretty neat factoid to have in the article, so I'll resubmit it again, but if someone else (maybe someone with 1K+ points) wants to throw it in there, go for it! :)
    "

Ha. I don't think that'll work. I don't know if I made it clear in my first post, but I have 1,000+ points and the old article still came back.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Patchinko
    Linkyshinks said:
    "It's a fucking scandal how Capcom did not pay credit to the original team at Clover, it nearly made me not buy the Wii version when I found that out. That may seem drastic but I am a big fan of Clover/Platinum Games work, and I adore Okami.

Capcom have said recently that if enough copies of the Wii game sell they would consider making a sequel. I wonder what Kamiya thinks about that, he cannot be very happy. I know he would love to make the sequel.

"
    That is scandalous! I didn't even know about that. Shame on them--Clover was a really cool dev group.

As for the subs approvals... who knows. I updated the same grammatical errors (including that paragraph space) as you, Hexogen. I just resubbed it again, we'll see what happens!
    Rikitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rikitatsu

Platinum games will show Capcom how its Done with Bayonetta and madworld if god wills it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.