What would you guys(okami fans) want in okami 2 if it releases...

Posted by spankingaddict (2738 posts) -

I personally want a lot more of the same, but with 2 or 3 brilliant new ideas. Harder and maybe having a boat to travel around a lot like the wind waker..... anyone?

#1 Posted by spankingaddict (2738 posts) -

I personally want a lot more of the same, but with 2 or 3 brilliant new ideas. Harder and maybe having a boat to travel around a lot like the wind waker..... anyone?

#2 Posted by bdhost05 (45 posts) -

i just want more of the same , seriously i thought the first one was awesome. the only thing that could be better is the fighting.

#3 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I want to control a magical gazelle.

#4 Posted by GunstarRed (5459 posts) -

none of those bits where I had to remember the points to paint ink on the stone walls to beat them, the game was  just right dificultywise... infact okami was pretty much perfect.
#5 Posted by Kiemoe (1058 posts) -

ending way sooner

#6 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

@marioncobretti: agreed...I could not do those parts...especially when they got really really complicated and you had to be spot on for it to work

#7 Posted by GunstarRed (5459 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85:
i found myself actually using a pen to draw on my tv to do them...what a pain
#8 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

Personally, I think Okami wrapped up pretty neatly at the end and doesn't need a sequel.

#9 Posted by spankingaddict (2738 posts) -
@marioncobretti said:
" @wolf_blitzer85: i found myself actually using a pen to draw on my tv to do them...what a pain "
i thought the painting controls felt great...
#10 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -
@marioncobretti said:
" @wolf_blitzer85: i found myself actually using a pen to draw on my tv to do them...what a pain "
I love the hell out of the game, but those parts sucked so damn much. I did what you did with a marker. 

As for the sequel, a harder game would be nice. Other than that, I'm just excited to see what happens with it.
#11 Posted by ApolloDynamo (25 posts) -

I just want more forgiving painting controls. I can't tell you how many times they made me "draw a STRAIGHT line" to cut the first boulder, or do a PERFECT circle in just the right spot to make the blossoms bloom on the Konoha Shuffle part. Very annoying. Only in the minigame/cutscene sections was the drawing so difficult. In combat, it's much more forgiving. 

#12 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I loved Okami. I don't want a sequel. It stood on its own. I would rather that those people make something new.

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Okami is pretty high on the list of games that I don't think needs a sequel and thats not because I didn't like it. Platinum (who are made up of most of Okami developer Clover) have moved on to bigger, much better things and Capcom after that DS version are probably just finshed.

#14 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Change the combat or better yet get rid of it. Also real time painting 

#15 Posted by Stete (748 posts) -

More challenging gameplay and voice acting. Hell, I would buy the original again if it included those things.  Other than that I cannot think of anything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.