nate's Ōkami (PlayStation 2) review

didn't sweep me off my feet

The game's visuals are what drew me in, and I still love the art style. It's unique, amazing - beautiful. However, the game itself just seemed to drag on and on for me and gave little sense of where the story was going. As soon as I'd think I'd freed the world from the dark curse, the curse would appear somewhere else and we'd do the same thing all over again. I can only save the world so many times, and after logging forty hours with no sense of whether or not it will end soon, I'm getting sick of it. Still, for those who love Zelda like adventure/RPGs this one is worth checking out.

Other reviews for Ōkami (PlayStation 2)

Okami: A Swan Song Most Worthy of Clover's Name 0

Created in a time when venerable developer Clover Studio was on its last legs, Okami is a game which naturally burdens itself with a number of expectations. Not only does it come after a line of well-loved Viewtiful Joe installments from the same developer, but an uncanny resemblance to other recent action-adventure games also raises the stakes for the quality which is to be expected from this game. Thankfully, though, Okami not only meets these standards, but often far exceeds them. The game ma...