The Omikron: The Nomad Soul wiki last edited by devine1210 on 04/11/13 10:07PM
View full history
Omikron: The Nomad Soul an adventure game developed by Quantic Dream and published by Eidos Interactive. The was released in North America, November 1, 1999 on PC and June 22, 2000 on Dreamcast.
You play as 'The Nomad Soul', a gamer that is asked to enter another dimension to the city of Omikron through the body of Kay'll 669, an Omikronian police officer, to work on a murder case that he has been stopped from investigating. Omikron is a futuristic city, with an overly oppressive government that is controlled by a supercomputer. The city is split up into five different regions, each heavily monitored. The city is a limited open-world, and you can travel around using the 'Slider' transportation system in Omikron.
Omikron: The Nomad Soul's plot can twist and turn many ways throughout the story, with some minor dialog choices with seemingly irrelevant NPCs, having a huge impact on the outcome of the overall experience. As you continue through the game, you may take control of up to 41 different characters in Omikron and every death results in reincarnating as a different character, reseting all inventory items and stats. The story will take you all over Omikron, trying to discover the mystery behind everything you see around you.
The basic gameplay is that of an action adventure game, but at certain plot points or in some situations the game will use mechanics often seen in puzzle games, fighting games and first-person shooters.
PC Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- 1.8 GHz processor
- 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended
- 2GB HDD
- The game was initially planned for a PlayStation release, but Eidos forced Quantic Dream to release Omikron on Dreamcast, thinking it would be a more successful platform.
- The soundtrack to the game was written by David Bowie, and he makes a cameo in the game as the character Boz.
- David Bowie's wife, Iman, also has a cameo in the game as a character named Iman 631.