Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 01, 2012

A One Piece game in the style of Dynasty Warriors. Play as the fearless Monkey D. Luffy and crew as they venture across the Grand Line in order to achieve Luffy's dream of finding Gol D. Roger's fabled treasure, the One Piece, and becoming the Pirate King.

Any Chance of a Quick Look?

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Puchiko

I know that Vinny loves the DragonBall anime and games and Brad is the resident Anime editor so is there a chance we will get a quick look even if they do it out of irony? I know they have a distaste for musou games but this one from the trailers at least looks to be a bit more interesting than the average Dynasty Warriors game. Maybe its just the fanboi in me but I would like to see this game get a little more love in hopes the eventual sequel makes it over here as well. This would have been a day one purchase for me had it not been the fact it was not available disc based. I will wait and see how the import prices settle down before I get this.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By RainDog505

Zero.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BlackLagoon

I wouldn't mind seeing what the game is like, but yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe if there's a really slow week in the near future...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Its going to be Dynasty warriors but one piece. Not hard to guess what it will be like. 

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

Pretty close to zero, and as said above me: It's Dynasty Warriors.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexanderSheen

0,000000001%

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ervonymous

They did cover Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 but I guess it got a free pass for being Gundam.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NegativeCero

Ask Brad because clearly he's the anime editor. Probably not, especially with actual games coming out again.

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By laussica

Would love one but chances are low with Pokemon, dishonored, x com, 2 Assasins creed games, medal of honor, need for speed, fable, Lego lord of the rings, forza, 007 legends, skylanders, dragon ball kinect, Harry potter kinect coming out this month

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By AndrewB

@laussica: Oh yeah, Video Games are coming out! You just reminded me!

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@laussica said:

Would love one but chances are low with Pokemon, dishonored, x com, 2 Assasins creed games, medal of honor, need for speed, fable, Lego lord of the rings, forza, 007 legends, skylanders, dragon ball kinect, Harry potter kinect coming out this month

Do they really need to quick look Pokemon again. I can't imagine it's going to be massively different from Black and White.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By wchigo

@FlarePhoenix said:

@laussica said:

Do they really need to quick look Pokemon again. I can't imagine it's going to be massively different from Black and White.

I'm not so sure they'd do a QL for Pokemon, but the fact is that we're getting closer and closer to the holiday season and the "big guns" are starting to come out, so I doubt we'll get a QL of this game.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge One Piece fan and would love for them to do a QL since it would equate to more exposure, but most likely they will do QLs of the bigger games instead, which is a bit of a shame.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Mezmero

I'm all for One Piece exposure but quick looks are about showing all the available game mechanics in the span of 20-40 minutes. The trailer pretty much shows you everything you need to know about the game in less than 2 minutes. And yes, the quick time platforming is as dumb as it looks. I also don't want these guys to spoil the story for themselves when they should be watching the cartoon anyways. I doubt they'd ever give One Piece a shot but if you're going to experience it might as well do it in the best format. Guess they just prefer Bait Car, Storage Wars, and pro wrestling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.