Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

Any OnLive game just $1 for US users

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louiedog

OnLive is having a promotional deal where all games on the service, except pre-orders, are $1. This includes new releases like Deus Ex: Augmented Edition and Space Marines. There aren't a lot of details at the moment about how long this lasts. If you have an account but have not made a previous purchase (redeemed codes from Humble Bundles, etc. don't count) all games show up priced at $1. If you have made a previous purchase you should be emailed a code today.  

This was done as part of a Facebook promotion that they held this week to get 10K likes in 48 hours. They did it in less than a day. I don't know how things work if you create a new account now. They did say on Facebook that they want to try and get to 100K (currently at 66k) by next weekend to extend the deal to new users as well. link

Update: Codes are going out. They are 98% off codes and expire Oct 30 at 11:59 PST.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

They seem to be having a new promo deal every week, are they that desperate already?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

Canada isn't included. Boo.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

My internets are no longer fast enough to do OnLive... :(

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

@Sooty said:

They seem to be having a new promo deal every week, are they that desperate already?

As desperate as Steam is I guess if you go by that logic.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @louiedog said:
    OnLive is having a promotional deal where all games on the service, except pre-orders, are $1. This includes new releases like Deus Ex: Augmented Edition and Space Marines. There aren't a lot of details at the moment about how long this lasts. If you have an account but have not made a previous purchase (redeemed codes from Humble Bundles, etc. don't count) all games show up priced at $1. If you have made a previous purchase you should be emailed a code today. 

This was done as part of a Facebook promotion that they held this week to get 10K likes in 48 hours. They did it in less than a day. I don't know how things work if you create a new account now. They did say on Facebook that they want to try and get to 100K (currently at 66k) by next weekend to extend the deal to new users as well. link
    Where is the augmented Edition? I found the normal one only. 
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vonocourt

Of course the Witcher is only available in the subscription.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By louiedog
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@louiedog said:

The marketplace view defaults to featured which the regular one is under. Go to new releases or genre > role-playing to find the augmented edition.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @louiedog said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@louiedog said:

The marketplace view defaults to featured which the regular one is under. Go to new releases or genre > role-playing to find the augmented edition.
    Found it. Looks like they are kinda hiding it. It showed up after i tried playing Assassins creed. 
    CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By CosmicQueso

"This just in…My manager hates to lose, too, so he decided to up the ante. If we can keep the Likes going, he’ll keep the $1 deal going—and all new OnLive users will get their first OnLive game for $1! Spread the word… For the win! For those who have already purchased a game, you code will be emailed out soon! -OnLive MJ"

From OnLive's facebook feed...

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Marz

hmmm i got the 98% coupon, guess i'll get Space Marine... i wanted to play it but i didn't want to pay full price.   Everything else they have that is a decent game i already own as physical or steam versions.

VincentLonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VincentLonga

Eff yeah! I cashed in and got Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I think it was the augmented Ed. Playing now on my MacBook using a wireless 360 controller, all hooked up to my TV & sound system in my living room. Yay technology! :)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryanwho

Not enough games look amazing enough maxed out to make this worthwhile at the moment. Find me a computer that can calculate a turn in Civ 5 on the biggest map with 12 civs in about a second, and I'll totally give it a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.