Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

No Worries

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By dprabon
    Consoles aren't "modable" or rather its "illegal" to do so.  Therefore, OnLive is just another console, a kick butt (an cheap) one, but just another console.
    It’s bound to pull away a chunk of revenue from some companies, but it won't replace pc's, Nintendo, etc. and it will balance back out.

*No need to fear lol

Everyone fear’s change, however, I think it is great! Give ol’ Microsoft a kick in batteries.  Bring prices down and reinvent transportation of information.

If Microsoft or Playstation, etc. implemented this technology into their next systems, you could have a hard copy of the game, but you would have instant multiple-player.  

Also, Downloadable Content packs anyone? Heck no, just Streamable Content packs, the new content! ( :

new inventions in the 21 century...
    God Bless America ( ;
    UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

I just wrote an article on this, but yeah, there will be some repercussions to the video game industry if this crap actually works, which I think it will just fine for most games.
    The only downside you mentioned that I didn't is multi-player, i hadn't even considered how well that would work on a system like OnLive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.