Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Open World

Concept »

Non-linear level design where the player is able to freely traverse the game world and choose where and when to visit certain areas in the game.

Share Your Tales of Open World Jank

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

During a firefight in Far Cry 2, an enemy suddenly popped up right behind me and started spinning around like an out-of-control Big Rig,spraying bullets all over the place. Anyway, I couldn't stop laughing and, needless to say, I consequently got killed.

I'm sure you guys have some better open world jank stories than I do, so go ahead and share them with the rest of us :D

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

Airplanes falling out of the sky and landing almost directly on me every few hours in San Andreas seemed pretty janky to me, but in the best way possible, even then.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#3  Edited By Soap

In Fallout New Vegas I once was exploring around a hilly area and some bandits attacked me, I killed them all but was still getting shot, I looked around for a good few minutes but couldn't work out were from.

Eventually I opened Vats and the guy was standing underneath me... underneath the floor. The real fucked up thing was he could shoot up through the floor but I couldn't shoot down through it. Meaning anywere I went from then on he was following me under the ground shooting at me.

Bad times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.