Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising is a direct sequel to 2001's hit combat simulation game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion pack Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

Advice for shots over distance (bullet drop)?

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeadWeezel

It's not really a new issue (for me) but being one of the few games that attempts to push some realism in the physics of it's shooting, I was wondering how you are supposed to use the gradient in rifle scopes to help account for a bullets arc dropping over distance.  The same could be said for that one long range sniper section in CoD4 where they go so far as to mention the borealis effect, but never actually give any information about how the hell you account for it.  A bit stupid really. 

Flashpoint 2 is a great sim shooter, really enjoying it, but I find the stunning lack of information a bit annoying.  They have a lot of real world military terms and tools, with nearly no explanation on any of it.  It's as if you had to be in the Army just to play. 

Advice please?

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SammydesinasNL

Sadly, I'm not really sure. I always aim slightly above the head at +- 200m, at 300-400 1-2 lines below the middle. The best way to test this is play the first mission and attack the SAM at the lighthouse. Opposite the hill with the ruined castle on it there is a smaller hill. They are +- 400 meters apart and there are 5 soldiers on the top of the hill (and some come up from the woods/coast).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.