Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising is a direct sequel to 2001's hit combat simulation game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion pack Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

Got it for PS3

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

My first impressions:  It hasn't crashed.  The framerate is good.  There are people playing it online.  I must note that I noticed recoil effects in the online matches  (I played on the chinese side as a rifleman).  EDIT: it's also noticeable in single player in "normal" mode (it's definitely better to take single shots).  It's not monochromatic, but the white balance is unusual (EDIT: it depends on time of day which is a nice touch).  AND the computer voice is much less robotic than in the first Flashpoint. :)

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

summary: its alright ?

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @luce said:

" summary: its alright ? "

Yup.  It controls well with the PS3 joystick (you have to command your AI teammates around).  In single player, the AI controlled teammates are actually helpful and kill enemy dudes.   EDIT: BTW, I just noticed that the AI team will advance gradually, one guy moving and the rest taking cover and looking around.  Graphically it's OK and I haven't seen any funny glitches yet, but it won't win awards here: it's no better or worse than the trailers: it has that simplistic feel of the original flashpoint, although you get more polygons and a depth-of-field effect this time around.  Too bad the PC version is so much cheaper: but at least on a console, it's stable and the framerate is good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.