Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising is a direct sequel to 2001's hit combat simulation game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion pack Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

I just got really interested in this game...

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DCFGS3

Right now for no-brainer shooters I'm tossing up Mag and MW2, but this got me interested as a real Army sim, where tactics actually have a role. Having not played the first one, I'm very interested. Having said that, Bots look real shifty to play with, but co-op looks like it will rock.

If I do get it, I'll get it for PC for the editor.

Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Figglesworth
    @DCFGS3: If you've played the original PC Ghost Recon games it's pretty similar.  I like it so far, about three missions in, probably isn't as hardcore as Arma 2.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SpecTackle

OFP2 makes the right changes to the sim formula that still make it really simulation driven, but fun to play for those of us who aren't completely in the hardcore simulation camp.  The presentation is better, the voice work is better(though still slightly hilarious at times), and I've never once questioned while playing whether or not it needed a few more months of serious development. Maybe about a week more of Q&A to fix some minor but obvious bugs, and that's about it. That question certainly came to mind more than once while I played Arma2.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DCFGS3

Not being a hardcore simulation guy, I was never really interested in ArmA II except for the insane range of weapons and vehicles, but after looking at a few reviews, it seems to lack the polish of an actual game that OFP2 has. The bots still seem shifty, I saw footage of one walking right into the player's stream of fire, and they're one of the few complaints from reviews, but I'll definitely get this for the Co-Op.

Ugh, so many games, so little money.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Coop and competitive is awesome. Problem is the singleplayer is quite underwhelming, and you'll need to go through it to unlock all of the maps for use online. Bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.