Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The third game in the Operation Flashpoint series. Operation FlashPoint: Red River will focus on co-op gameplay.

Oh Operation Flashpoint, you slay me.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Vexed
    This is not a rant, a cry for help, or a slam on the game.  I just wanted to share my experience because I think it's pretty ridiculous. 

My copy of OF: Red River is unplayable.  I started up the campaign, sat through the tasteless intro video, and was ready to strap it on for some clunky pseudo-realistic tactical shooting action.   Except my dude forgot to bring his gun...  I was walking around with my hand held up like I had a question for Professor Pottymouth that he was never going to answer.  When I reached the forced tutorial firing range the game was pleading with me to hold LT to aim down my sights... but dammit man, I have no sights!  I have no gun!

My first thought was that I had somehow borked everything when I went to tinker with my loadout before the mission.  So I returned to the menu and tried to select weapons again (same problem) and then tried switching classes (nothing).  So my next stop was to go online and see if it was a glitch.  Sure enough, after sifting past threads of people apparently enjoying the game problem free, I found someone with the same problem.   The solution?  Clear the 360's cache.  Okay... sure, let's give it a shot.  So I clear my cache, start the mission up again, and viola!  I have a pistol in my hand!  Let's do this!  I get back to the firing range, aim down my now existing sights, and shortly thereafter get prompted to switch weapons with the Y button.  I press Y... and nothing happens.  Fuck.

So campaign is out of the question, but Fireteam missions aren't going to demand that I swap weapons right?  I'll blaze around with a pistol and make my squad do the heavy lifting!  Let's do this!  So I start up a Fireteam mission only to be greeted again by the perpetually raised empty hand.  Sigh.... It's alright, I'll just command my squad to victory from a safe distance!  There's some enemies, shoot those fuckers!

"Sir, we don't have weapons either."

FUCK!

(I then proceeded to try and heal myself and teammates as we got peppered with bullets until I finally died.  The game froze as the camera hovered over my pathetic unarmed corpse.)
    Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vexed
    This is not a rant, a cry for help, or a slam on the game.  I just wanted to share my experience because I think it's pretty ridiculous. 

My copy of OF: Red River is unplayable.  I started up the campaign, sat through the tasteless intro video, and was ready to strap it on for some clunky pseudo-realistic tactical shooting action.   Except my dude forgot to bring his gun...  I was walking around with my hand held up like I had a question for Professor Pottymouth that he was never going to answer.  When I reached the forced tutorial firing range the game was pleading with me to hold LT to aim down my sights... but dammit man, I have no sights!  I have no gun!

My first thought was that I had somehow borked everything when I went to tinker with my loadout before the mission.  So I returned to the menu and tried to select weapons again (same problem) and then tried switching classes (nothing).  So my next stop was to go online and see if it was a glitch.  Sure enough, after sifting past threads of people apparently enjoying the game problem free, I found someone with the same problem.   The solution?  Clear the 360's cache.  Okay... sure, let's give it a shot.  So I clear my cache, start the mission up again, and viola!  I have a pistol in my hand!  Let's do this!  I get back to the firing range, aim down my now existing sights, and shortly thereafter get prompted to switch weapons with the Y button.  I press Y... and nothing happens.  Fuck.

So campaign is out of the question, but Fireteam missions aren't going to demand that I swap weapons right?  I'll blaze around with a pistol and make my squad do the heavy lifting!  Let's do this!  So I start up a Fireteam mission only to be greeted again by the perpetually raised empty hand.  Sigh.... It's alright, I'll just command my squad to victory from a safe distance!  There's some enemies, shoot those fuckers!

"Sir, we don't have weapons either."

FUCK!

(I then proceeded to try and heal myself and teammates as we got peppered with bullets until I finally died.  The game froze as the camera hovered over my pathetic unarmed corpse.)
    gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By gpbmike

That's a bummer. I was really looking forward to this game. :(

I guess I'll hold out for ARMA III now.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Jackel2072

that is one hell of a glitch! i have been really thinking of picking this up, but i hear the campaign is god awful. brought down by your stupid team mates. who walk in front of you all the time and ignore orders. however, they say the co op is a lot of fun to play. but i dont think i really want to spend 60 bucks on a only half good game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Devil240Z

Why do they keep making more of these games?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jayross

@Vexed said:

Except my dude forgot to bring his gun...

Same glitch in Dragon Rising. Glad to see not much has changed.

01wilsonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By 01wilsonj

Im eight missions in and having a blast, i hated dragon rising, im really enjoying red river, with a single player campaign that cracks the ten hour mark, varied mission types, loads of customisation, and maps you can litterally get lost in, i am going to finish the campaign, try the fire team modes and then blow through the campaign as a different class, this is the first decept ofp console port so far, with battle field and modern warfare still months off, this should keep me thourghly entertained though the summer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.