Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The third game in the Operation Flashpoint series. Operation FlashPoint: Red River will focus on co-op gameplay.

What's the point of teaser trailers?

gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By gpbmike

I was just chatting with my friend about CODBLOPS being super fast paced. I brought up Operation Flashpoint being slower and then did a search for new info on the upcoming Red River game. Lo and behold I found a new teaser, posted today. It doesn't show any gameplay though. Do these things get you guys excited for games? Or do you think they're kind of worthless? 

Or maybe it's showing a new feature. You can customize your soldiers with iPods.
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SammydesinasNL

At 1:26 they try to tease the HUD.
    JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By JTB123

Sometimes they can get me really excited for a game, but only if its one I'm highly anticipating. Teaser trailers very rarely show any gameplay, which is the main thing that will sell me on a game.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By DukeTogo

Look up tease in the dictionary.  It's meant to get your attention but not fulfill you in any way, leaving you wanting more.

They have their place for announcing things and letting you know it's at least a real thing, but when it's something that shows nothing it has a very cheap feeling to it and comes off like a possible hoax.

I don't really see why a game in the Flashpoint series would need a teaser, the fans of those games buy them all and are patient - you have to be to like those games.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zithe

Sometimes - especially when they include a lot of live action video like the one you posted - I think these types of trailers can be used to appeal to a wider audience. People who are interested in the military and see that video may wonder what the product is before they even realize it's a game.

I think we, as gamers, may see them as pointless because they aren't aimed at us.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

They're hype tools.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ramone

They're sort of pointless. If it's a game I'm anticipating I'm excited for it anyway and if not then I won't be interested until I see gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.