Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Orcs Must Die! 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 29, 2012

More levels, more traps, and more Orcs who simply MUST DIE!

My Video Review of Orcs Must Die! 2

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Popskinz

Hey folks! It's been a while since my last video review, but I'm back doing another one for Orcs Must Die! 2 -- a sequel that's being released a mere ten months after the original.

As always, I apologize if my accent is a tad bothersome but I still think I've improved significantly over the past year or so and as far as editing and writing goes, this is probably some of the best I've done. And of course, I'm not trying to whore my Youtube channel in any way, shape, or form -- I merely want feedback on my work so I know what I did right/wrong.

Hope you enjoy! 

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Farley_Lives

I think you did well. The intro sequence was very good and you have some very good insight. One thing to watch for is that I feel a lot of reviewers fall into is explaining the game in detail too much, without addressing those details in a manner of a review. Let me explain; You can go through all of the details and elements of a game. Or you explain what is unique about the game and what makes it a successful, fun title. People who don't realize this come off as a list of bullet-points and does little to help make a purchasing choice. You didn't fall into this to much, so props for that. Your accent is fine for me, but you lack tone in your voice, put more emphasis on key points in the review by building more tone or emotion into the way you speak. (but not too much)

In the end I liked and I think you should keep at it.

... Oh man, did I just review a review? *shiver*

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Popskinz
    @Farley_Lives said:

I think you did well. The intro sequence was very good and you have some very good insight. One thing to watch for is that I feel a lot of reviewers fall into is explaining the game in detail too much, without addressing those details in a manner of a review. Let me explain; You can go through all of the details and elements of a game. Or you explain what is unique about the game and what makes it a successful, fun title. People who don't realize this come off as a list of bullet-points and does little to help make a purchasing choice. You didn't fall into this to much, so props for that. Your accent is fine for me, but you lack tone in your voice, put more emphasis on key points in the review by building more tone or emotion into the way you speak. (but not too much)

In the end I liked and I think you should keep at it.

... Oh man, did I just review a review? *shiver*

Haha, thanks a lot for the feedback -- and yes, you did!
    Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Klei

Great review. You convinced me not to purchase the game. You're right on every points. I expected this sequel to have something more than just being Orcs Must Die 1.5.

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Popskinz
    @Klei said:

Great review. You convinced me not to purchase the game. You're right on every points. I expected this sequel to have something more than just being Orcs Must Die 1.5.

Thanks, a very marginal improvement over the first game indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.