Orcs Must Die + Steam sale = Happy

#1 Posted by Hawk456 (133 posts) -

Picked up this bad boy on sale from Steam (50% or 75% off - hells yeah!) and I must say that I'm loving this game - I'm still honeymooning in Act 1 but so far, I don't mind replaying the levels to try for 5 skulls. The Quick Look sold me on it - the only hitch was that I needed to change one of the preferences to get it to launch. It reminds me to Zombies in CoD but this time it's fun because I actually stand a chance!

#2 Posted by Three0neFive (2305 posts) -

I picked it up during the Autumn sale and just got around to playing it - thanks in no small part to the Gift Pile achievement - and I'm really glad I did. I normally can't fucking stand tower defense games, but this game is just so much fun to toy around in. I guess it really is more of  a third-person shooter than a tower defense game in that regard.

I'm a little bummed it doesn't have co-op, though.

#3 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5301 posts) -

Yeah it's definitely a good break from Skyrim. I wish there was a co-op mode though.

#4 Posted by bigsmoke77 (791 posts) -

I can't get the game to launch, says its unavailable.

#5 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@bigsmoke77: Try restarting Steam. If that doesn't work, try deleting the .blob files in your Steam folder (back them up just in case) then run Steam again.

#6 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I really like this game too, but I keep feeling like not having coop is a huuuuge missed opportunity.

#7 Posted by DeF (5000 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

I wish there was a co-op mode though.

that's where Dungeon Defenders comes in :)

#8 Posted by Winternet (8080 posts) -

I got it also on the Steam sale, just because it was cheap. And it's surprisingly fun to play. A light easy-going game that gets my mind off the BIG games I have still to play.

#9 Posted by Forcen (1858 posts) -

It's on sale again, just got it and the DLC.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Yeah I just picked it up, will totally help my "I want to play more" mood I've been having. No cutscenes and no walls of text, just pure interactivity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.