Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Orcs Must Die!

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 05, 2011

Robot Entertainment's first original game, this downloadable-only title charges the player to defend their fortress from an overwhelming force of orcs and other baddies. Put simply, Orcs. Must. Die! or the fortress will fall

similar games

discost3w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By discost3w

Could you recommend any games that are kind of similar to Orcs must die!? I like the tower defense part of it and that fact that you have a character to play with

Tobli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Tobli

Sanctum is kind of like that.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Welding

Yeah. Sanctum is friggin' fantastic, especially since their last update.

It's best if you friend some friends to play it with.

I'd say Trenched SORT OF feels the same, though with more of a focus on action, rather than Tower Defense.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Sanctum is great, but there aren't a whole lot of levels, no narrative and no real progression.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Dungeon Defenders comes out... today? on Steam.

It's basically Orcs Must Die with increased depth: multiple classes, loot, and skill trees. That being said, I haven't played it on PC yet, only on iPad where I couldn't get past the interface. It's 4-player co-op though so if you have some buddies, it should be a ton of fun.

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Zaxex

I should really try Trenched/Iron Brigade. I quite liked Sanctum but I never really jived with it like OMD. I'll give Dungeon Defenders another go but I was pretty dismayed by the tutorial, in which I was told to pick up a weapon that had a green "this is better than what you have" thumb, but did only 1 damage to enemies with over 100 health. The RPG stuff sounds great but I hope I the co-op isn't too imbalanced.

Oh and maybe try Gears of War 3's Horde mode. It's by far my favourite part of GoW3 and it has a good amount of strategic defence building. Not to mention game play that was great before the tower defence parts even surfaced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.