Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 17, 2014

A dungeon crawler RPG about a samurai family that is cursed to die within their second birthday. It is the second game in the series and the first one to be released outside of Japan.

Oreshika Coming In Less Than Two Weeks

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Sony just announced on their blog that Oreshika: Tainted Blooklines will be released as a digital-only title on March 3rd with a $19.99 price tag.

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of a physical edition and the sudden release date concerns me a bit, reminds me of how Microsoft just dropped D4 onto the marketplace with no promotion. Otherwise I am very excited to finally get this title, is anyone else looking forward to playing Oreshika?

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is there any word if this works on Playstation TV?

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122: I believe the Japanese version worked with the PlayStation TV so it most likely will be compatible.

Sherlock22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon you shouldn't be suprised at this point by how Sony markets Vita products. The game looks cool though, I had pretty much forgotten about it but from what I've seen of it and the 20 dollars I'll be in on day one.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lentfilms: Great! I just heard about this game this morning and it looks interesting. Thanks.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

And at a pretty baller budget price. Since Square Enix is so stingy on offering -50% off on their decade old FFX remaster, I will get this instead. Also within the first two weeks of the game launching you are offered two free gods you can't get otherwise. I watched some previews and I think it'll turn out allright, Sony just doesn't care marketing Vita titles anymore.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

A shame that it's quickly being put out like this (quiet digital only release), but it made it's way over here. I'll take a stab at it for $20, game looks nice and sounds pretty interesting.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems really cool .... damn I wish I already had a Vita

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agreed with some of the posters, shame it's such a quiet release, but $20 seems like a great price and I don't mind it being digital at all. I have plenty of Vita games to play already, but I'm absolutely going to go in hard on this.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited! This kind of game seems to have the hooks that always get me into games; Bloodline-like metagame, really cool art style, and giant guns. I'm interested!

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony just released a launch trailer for Oreshika:

Loading Video...

Now I'm just waiting for the store to update so I can pick up my copy. Pretty excited!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lentfilms: Awesome ... keep us posted as how the game is and all :D

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got to spend an hourish with the game. It looks really nice, obviously. The dungeon aspect has some interesting qualities, there's a bit of resource management involved in deciding how to spend your time and how long to push your party in the dungeon.

You're prompted to choose how long you want the game to be, and it'll set a bunch of progression multipliers on the shortest (30 hours) or stick with the baseline at the longest (100 hours). You can change it if you get in a hurry or whatever.

The game is nothing if not distinctive. The opening cinematic sets a uniquely grim-but-kind-of-whimsical tone, which has been more or less maintained so far in-game.

Anyway, definitely going to stick with it for a while, but it'll have to fight against the rest of the stuff I'm playing right now. Super neat though.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the game, but it looks like either my network has decided it hates my Vita or PSN is downloading super slow. Four and a half hours later and I'm at about halfway through downloading Oreshika ><

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

@bsstephan: I've also played it for an hour or two and the game does seem to be more about managing your time/clan instead of just your typical dungeon crawling. Its very different from a lot of JRPGs I've played recently and I'm liking it so far. Also I agree, the opening is both dark and really bizarre. Although I guess that is to be expected from a game by the people that brought us Linda Cube and the original Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke.

@deathtrap: My internet is not the best but it also took me most of the day to download the game for whatever reason.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played about two hours of it, enough to beat the first Festival boss and explore some other regions. It's not bad. The combat is a bit basic, and the resource management seems a bit lax, although there may be more later on. It took me a while to see how the stats work, as the three main stats are divided into different elements, and that's confusing. Also, the selection of gods is so big that I don't really see that big of a difference, and besides the DNA, I don't think there really is a difference between them. That said, I think the art style is fantastic, and the game is a fun little distraction while I listen to a podcast or whatnot. I will say, for 20 bucks, there is a lot of content.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just recently got the 2nd instrument and am building up the 3rd generation of my clan. Weirdly enough, as I play Oreshika its gameplay reminds me a lot of the Princess Maker games. There are a whole lot of different RPG and time management systems that are not partially deep on their own but what makes the game entertaining is trying to balance all those systems to create a unique/powerful clan (or Princess in the case of PM).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.