Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Marketing ploy or not, 25% off is cool

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By bushpusherr

I'm pretty stoked about BF3, especially so because I haven't played a serious FPS game on my PC in quite a long time because playing on the Xbox has been much more convenient at school.  In an effort to do what I could to try and get an invite for the Alpha, I signed up for Origin and also the EA Gun Club.  Marketing shinanegins doesn't really bother me all the much, so it wasn't a big deal. 

I received an email today regarding my new account to the Gun Club, and with it came a promo code that got me a 25% discount when buying any "Shooter" game from Origin.  So, all in all, I didn't really have to do anything at all and I ended up getting BF3 preordered in time for the free upgrade to Limited Edition, and only payed $45 for it.  People are flaming Origin a lot, but this kind of deal, coupled with the 5 dollar sale going on right now, puts the service in a bit higher regard than people are making it out to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.