Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

[Overreaction Alert!] I already disliked Origin, but now? I Experienced Customer Support!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I feel like you are overreacting, especially with the making fun of you part. I don't' see that at all.

I would try someone else on there. Origin has been ridiculously good for Customer Service to me in my limited experience. Like had issues activating a product I bought on Amazon (Dragon Age) and they just quickly gave me the game plus all the DLC through Origin proper which I didn't have or wasn't asking for, for free.

And maybe their hands are tied really. Server stuff sucks. Not the answer you want I'm sure.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I feel like you are overreacting, especially with the making fun of you part. I don't' see that at all.

I would try someone else on there. Origin has been ridiculously good for Customer Service to me in my limited experience. Like had issues activating a product I bought on Amazon (Dragon Age) and they just quickly gave me the game plus all the DLC through Origin proper which I didn't have or wasn't asking for, for free.

And maybe their hands are tied really. Server stuff sucks. Not the answer you want I'm sure.

I understand I might be overreacting, but I feel frustrated as you might imagine. The part I mean it feels like I am being made fun of is on the "we don't own the stores that sell games" part. Am I stupid? I know this, I didn't say they did. And then she doesn't even answer my question. Just tells me the same thing in other words and closes the chat. Made me upset.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@dawnclover: As someone who works in Customer Service, you generally over explain everything, not to insult the customer but to make sure you cover all bases. Customers do ask for refunds or place blame on the wrong people a lot. Like a product sucks and someone bashes Amazon in a review like they made it for example.

And as far as ending it, I mean like I said try someone else if you want. If she can't help you she can't help you, in more words or less. And not to justify the system but as an individual she is almost certainly encouraged by her bosses to move cases on as fast as possible as far as ending the chat that way.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Origin has a pretty good return policy. You could get a refund and then buy the game when you're in a country that the English version is supported.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dawnclover
    @artisanbreads said:

@dawnclover: As someone who works in Customer Service, you generally over explain everything, not to insult the customer but to make sure you cover all bases.

And as far as ending it, I mean like I said try someone else if you want. If she can't help you she can't help you, in more words or less.

The thing is she didn't try to at the end. I clearly asked if it was even possible to return it since the game is tied to my account, i.e. can you remove it so I can try to return it? (Which I know it's nothing but wishful thinking). But either way yeah, I know I am probably overreacting, it was just a few minutes ago :P

@brandondryrock said:

Origin has a pretty good return policy. You could get a refund and then buy the game when you're in a country that the English version is supported.

Problem is I bought physical copy :/

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see what your problem is with Origin. Origin is pretty much better than Steam in every way except that it wasn't first.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see what your problem is with Origin. Origin is pretty much better than Steam in every way except that it wasn't first.

Well, that would fall on opinion. In terms of software I like steam a lot more. In terms of customer service, no matter how bad Origin is, I will agree with you that steam is the worst.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope, She seemed very nice and friendly. Even going so far as to use emoticons. I'd say that's friendlier and better support than what I've had with Origin in the past.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm the only one here seeing the "we don't own the stores that sells games" comment as unfriendly? My friend who was with me at the time couldn't believe she wrote that lol.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So I'm the only one here seeing the "we don't own the stores that sells games" comment as unfriendly? My friend who was with me at the time couldn't believe she wrote that lol.

It's factual and clear-cut? You're biased from emotions and your friend is your friend. Do the math.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dawnclover

@hero_swe said:
    @dawnclover said:

It's factual and clear-cut? You're biased from emotions and your friend is your friend. Do the math.

I know this, and I have said before that I am sure I am overreacting a bit. STILL, I asked if I could even try to return it since it was tied to my account, it was a question related to origin, not the store, I even repeated it again in case I wasn't clear (english is not my mother tongue), so I made sure to specify "but you own the software it is tied to". Her comment just sounded very sarcastic to me.

[EDIT]
    Heh, whatever. I can see now I am overreacting a lot (after calming down :D!), even though that comment still reads weird to me. I will try to talk with someone again tomorrow. Thanks for the chat :D

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I hate to be that guy but buying games outside your region is a big no no. You knowingly bought a game that could potentially not work and then had somewhat unreasonable expectations for them to fix your mistake.

As someone who has worked Customer Service in the past this mistake is on you the consumer and not with anything wrong that the store or Origin did to you and those mistakes aren't easy to fix or resolve. Sure you could make an argument that the customer service person could have potentially handled it better. I do suggest maybe to try again but keep your expectations a little more grounded.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

I hate to be that guy but buying games outside your region is a big no no. You knowingly bought a game that could potentially not work and then had somewhat unreasonable expectations for them to fix your mistake.

As someone who has worked Customer Service in the past this mistake is on you the consumer and not with anything wrong that the store or Origin did to you and those mistakes aren't easy to fix or resolve. Sure you could make an argument that the customer service person could have potentially handled it better. I do suggest maybe to try again but keep your expectations a little more grounded.

Poland is part of the EU, I am European (even though I currently am in Japan and know I would have crappy connection if I could play) so I was buying a game inside my region.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hunkulese

@hero_swe said:
    @dawnclover said:

I know this, and I have said before that I am sure I am overreacting a bit. STILL, I asked if I could even try to return it since it was tied to my account, it was a question related to origin, not the store, I even repeated it again in case I wasn't clear (english is not my mother tongue), so I made sure to specify "but you own the software it is tied to". Her comment just sounded very sarcastic to me.

[EDIT]

Heh, whatever. I can see now I am overreacting a lot (after calming down :D!), even though that comment still reads weird to me. I will try to talk with someone again tomorrow. Thanks for the chat :D

Not really sure what seems weird about it. If I understand, you bought the game at a store. Origin has absolutely nothing to do with that sale and has no way to know whether you're eligible for a refund.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

if you bought a physical copy there's really nothing they can do without losing money

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the full transcript earlier, did not see a single thing wrong with it, also saying that all eu games should have english is a pretty big assumption to make.

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I got two of my origin accounts merged via support fairly easily and without incident. I needed my psn account linked to an other account linked to my current one. Nice guy on the phone.

Your bad on buying a physical copy in a foreign region. Ha

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dawnclover

@hunkulese said:

Not really sure what seems weird about it. If I understand, you bought the game at a store. Origin has absolutely nothing to do with that sale and has no way to know whether you're eligible for a refund.

But I was not speaking about a store, I was mentioning Origin because it was already tied to my account. So I wanted to know if they could remove it from my account so I would have a better argument with the store for a refund.

@carryboy said:

I read the full transcript earlier, did not see a single thing wrong with it, also saying that all eu games should have english is a pretty big assumption to make.

It is not since they do. They always have English + other languages. Only exception I found was in Spain and that was 1 game many moons ago. Also, that game had a big sticker with a Spanish flag saying "Game Fully in Spanish!", in Spanish of course. I was visiting a friend in Poland and he says he never once bought a game that did not have English. He was as surprised as I was.

@jinoru said:

I got two of my origin accounts merged via support fairly easily and without incident. I needed my psn account linked to an other account linked to my current one. Nice guy on the phone.

Your bad on buying a physical copy in a foreign region. Ha

Not my bad, not a foreign region. It's EU and I am from the EU.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@dawnclover: I don't know how physical boxes look nowadays, but i vaguely remember game boxes to list the languages it can be played in. Did you check the box before purchase?

Got Tomb Raider 2013 here and it lists that the game is spoken in english and has dutch subtitles.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy said:

@dawnclover: I don't know how physical boxes look nowadays, but i vaguely remember game boxes to list the languages it can be played in. Did you check the box before purchase?

Got Tomb Raider 2013 here and it lists that the game is spoken in english and has dutch subtitles.

I don't see it written anywhere, but tbh it's in Polish so I wouldn't know. I am not removing all the fault from me, but when virtually 99,99999999999% of the games have English I just didn't bother to check. All the other games I bought have English and some of them have the UK and Polish flag in the back, and some of them don't mention language anywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.