Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

So does the Origin's loading bar actually tell you anything?

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Stupid question for sure but one that I have to ask. I was downloading my first game from the Origin and looked that progress bar had reached 38% completion. After that, I took shower and did some cooking, came back to the computer and noticed that progress was back at 5%. Is this normal for Origin or does the loading bar work in really stupid ways?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im glad im not the only one having problems. My sims 3 finished downloading yet when i clicked on play it said error missing files then re started the freaking download!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

That's not normal at all, no. If you click on the progress bar it shows you what it is downloading. Maybe it finished downloading the game then fetched an update so went back to 0%? I don't know honestly.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Capum15

That's odd. I downloaded Dead Space 3 (even paused it, turned off the system, went to sleep, then resumed when I got up and it was fine) without problems. Downloaded the two Sims expansion thingies seemingly fine, though my Sims 3 main game download is only at 65% right now.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@chavtheworld said:

That's not normal at all, no. If you click on the progress bar it shows you what it is downloading. Maybe it finished downloading the game then fetched an update so went back to 0%? I don't know honestly.

It is weird thing. When I boot the computer and resume downloading, Origin states that it has loaded 38% but after a while it goes to the "actual" percentage -or so i assume. I am trying to load Dead Space 3 and in first minutes after the loading has started, load info show that x of 12 gigs has loaded, but after few minutes it turns into x of 10 gigs. Not a great first impression.

Edit: OK, it seems that now I have gone from 17% back to 5% and downloaded megabytes confirm this (gone from 2 gigs downloaded to 500 mb loaded.) - nice EA, nice.

Edit 2: OK, after going trough Origins forums, I have found tons of people with the same problem with no clear solution. It seems that EA has really f*cked something up. I'll post solution if I find one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.