Best game soundtrack?

#1 Posted by captainnoms (50 posts) -

what is your favorite game soundtrack or theme?
mine would have to be the pacman theme song, it is just so awesome

#2 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

littlebigplanet

#3 Edited by talljack (64 posts) -

Limbo. I know it's new but I just cant get enough! 

But for real I've probably listened to the Shatter soundtrack more than even most of my real music. 

#4 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

We get this thread ALL THE TIME.    
Anyways, Halo, especially ODST. 

#5 Posted by captainnoms (50 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL: 
sorry
#6 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -

Braid is awesome...Oblivion will always be up there too for me, there are certain parts of that music that are just implanted in my mind.

#7 Posted by TurboMan (7559 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3.

#8 Edited by kuz101 (209 posts) -

I do love the persona soundtracks, by imo the best game soundtrack is Rock Band 2 plus dlc , so many songs to choose from, your bound to find something you like

#9 Posted by ez123 (1966 posts) -

F-Zero

#10 Posted by Corpulate (44 posts) -

chrono trigger 

#11 Posted by Rio (595 posts) -

Difficult question to answer, but I suppose at this time I would have to say SOTC.

#12 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

Tomba!

#13 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, FF8, Silent Hill 2, Mega Man X... I can't decide between a bunch.

#14 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Majora's Mask

#15 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

mass effect

#16 Posted by Sorrowsan (129 posts) -

its got to be sonic 2!

#17 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I recommend the Bionic Commando, Shatter, Super Meat Boy, Braid, and old Final Fantasy soundtracks.

#18 Posted by Jikla (158 posts) -

The Nier soundtrack, Chrono cross, xenoblade, Super mario galaxy 1/2, Metal gear solid series, Lost odyssey, valkyria chronicles, Okami, Heavy rain, scott pilgrim vs the world (anamanaguchi ftw), Blazblue....

#19 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

i guess its the Silent Hill soundtracks for me. Akira Yamaoka's work changed my perception of alternative music and various ambient sound mixes that can actually fit the Horror genre in such a good way.

#20 Posted by ESREVER (2693 posts) -

I would be lying if I said anything other than Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past OST. 

It evokes the most memories out of my gaming youth. And the fact that I can play the game and visualize every sound effect in my head just from listening to this song is something I find very special about this game.
#21 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@talljack said:
" Limbo. I know it's new but I just cant get enough!  But for real I've probably listened to the Shatter soundtrack more than even most of my real music.  "
This.

Shatter had an awesome sound track, so much so Argon refinery is my ring tone =D
#22 Posted by ESREVER (2693 posts) -

Oh, and I also enjoyed Demon's Souls OST quite a bit. Especially this track:   

And though I didn't play much of it, FFX's "Journey to Zanarkand" always has me weak in the knees. 

These are the videogame tracks I come back to the most often to listen to over and over, so I consider them my favorites.  
...and now I've spent my last hour listening to a bunch of different Final Fantasy OSTs. So much fantastic music has come from that series, and although I've never played much of any of them, I hold them in high regard just for their audio presentation.
#23 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -
@talljack said: "  But for real I've probably listened to the Shatter soundtrack more than even most of my real music.  "

Me too.
#24 Posted by AuthenticM (3736 posts) -

Overall soundtrack? Probably Donkey Kong Country 2. 

Single theme song: Metal Gear Solid's.

#25 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -

It's between Okami and Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, unless I'm forgetting something else.

Just listen to this shit:
The Sun Rises
Ghostly Theatre

#26 Posted by JBrighty (80 posts) -

so far mines are uncharted2 Killzone2 and RedDeadRedemption
all available on iTunes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.