Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ouija Board

Object » linked to 17 games

A board used to communicate with spirits.

Have you ever used an Ouija Board ?

• 60 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

Poll Have you ever used an Ouija Board ? (114 votes)

Yes I have and shit got real creepy. 8%
    I did and nothing happen it was all bullshit. 21%
    Can't say I've never used it before. 71%

Just wondering if people actually tried it. Last year I was suppose to have an Ouija Board session with some friends, but we all decided to backout. All of us was skeptical, but at the sametime if it does works we didn't want nothing following us.

• 
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@moondogg said:

Quickly consulting the spirits, (wikipedia) tells me, Hasbro currently owns the trademark. Ohhhh mystical!

No, haven't used one.

Think I could get a Transformers themed limited edition board?!?! BRAND SYNERGY SON!

Hichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Hichael

It's just a board game, but since some horror movie used it a while back everyone thinks it has some mystical property or whatever.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@falserelic said:

@davidwitten22 said:

@falserelic said:

@davidwitten22 said:

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

Go for it and bring a recorder just in case if you pick up an evp. Go at night since the majority of people are sleep and there's less noise. Then you want to do something to either aggravate the spirits, or maybe something that might catch their attention so they can make noise. At the sametime that can go very badly so be careful.

We've had ghost teams come into my work and stay overnight and record stuff, EVPs and all that. I'm incredibly skeptical of ghost hunters and "paranormal experts" and the like so I took their findings with a grain of salt. They recorded the sounds of slave chains and this dude apologizing (a guy committed suicide there a few hundred years ago).

My skepticism aside, I really do truly believe in ghosts and spirits affecting our lives without us knowing it. I want to communicate with them, but I'm not trying to impede on their lives (or lack thereof I guess). I'm not interested in going in there and trying to "rile them up" or aggravate them as I can understand that they want to be left alone. But if they want to communicate with me of their own free will then I will gladly listen to what they have to say. If I get nothing but silence, I will leave them be.

For me I don't know what to think when it comes to Paranormal Experiences. I used to watch alot of ghost stories when I was a teen. Reason why is because I had something strange happen to me once when I was a kid, and my mom at the time had something similar happen that she couldn't explain, but nowadays I figure it was just our imaginations since we was going through a tough time.

Over the years alot of things in my life took a turn for the worse, and I just got to a point where I stopped believing in the paranormal and God altogether.

You can believe in one and not the other, the position that I stand in. I have been fooled before as I used to hallucinate a lot due to a multi-year battle with frequent episodes of sleep paralysis. I used to see shadows and spirits and bugs and all kinds of crazy shit while I laid paralyzed in bed, as well as feeling, hearing, and smelling these things as well. I did some research and talked to some people and learned that it is due to chemical imbalances due to stress (with sleeping on your back exacerbating the issue). Despite that, I still just have a feeling that theres something paranormal going on around us. I don't pretend to understand whats going on in this world and I doubt anyone ever will be able to comprehend even an iota of it, so I don't rule anything out.

I can relate to that in someways. I had some bad experiences where I was conscious in my sleep, but couldn't breath, move, or open my eyes. Then again at the time I was overweight and I was on meds. My mind can be open if I experience anything out of the ordinary again. Though the best way to find out is to investigate a haunted location. That's probably going to be the only way to satisfy my curiosity about the paranormal.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, my ex talked me into doing it. Unsurprisingly nothing happened and I almost fell asleep.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

Because they don't exist.

And really, how egotistical can you be that even if a human being could in some absolutely impossible way still reason and influence matter, once everything that made them when they lived has been irrevocably destroyed, think that what they'd want to do is push your hands around to answer stupid questions.

There's a sucker born every minute, and if you must be one, don't give people money to prove it.

Loading Video...

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By zeforgotten

Sure have, planned it all out and everything. Had other friends on standby to make stuff fall off the walls and doors open and slam shut.
    Fun times.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Ghosts don't exist.

Boom. Believing in shit like that is no different than believing in the Easter bunny.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slashdance said:

No.

Ghosts don't exist.

Boom. Believing in shit like that is no different than believing in the Easter bunny.

Exactly.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#59  Edited By audioBusting

@moondogg said:

Quickly consulting the spirits, (wikipedia) tells me, Hasbro currently owns the trademark. Ohhhh mystical!

"Discover OUIJA Game, for ages 8 to Adult"

(link) (I especially love how it's in front of a huge Elmo background)

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

they sell ouija boards in the boardgame section of some department stores over here i never thought it was creppy in the slightest though

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ImpendingFoil

My Ouija board story is kind of messed up but not for the reasons people would think.

I manage a comic store that has numerous stories of ghosts. I've paid little attention to them as birds can get up in the ceiling and make odd scratching noises, so I've attributed some of the stories to that. On one of the days that there were birds in the ceiling I opened a few ceiling tiles to see if I could get them to come out. I was joking with a coworker about the ghosts and as a joke I tossed a Ouija board, in its box, up behind the ceiling tiles yelling something about maybe the ghosts just want to talk. We had a laugh about that and then I went to pull the box down and as I slid it down I got hit by two mouse skeletons that were underneath the box.

I promptly freaked out that I had dead mice on me and then laughed a bit more, while my coworker was laughing so hard she was in tears. So in a weird way, a Ouija board led me to the dead. I then got up a ladder and looked around and realized that somehow, I threw that box in the only spot where there were dead mice in the ceiling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.