Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Outcast

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 31, 1999

Critically lauded but commercially unsuccessful in the United States, Belgian developer Appeal's swan song was ahead of its time and has gained a cult following. Shoot, scan, and smash pots on a variety of alien landscapes.

Outcast

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ATrevelan

So I grabbed this game from GoG.com about a year back and I've only recently started to play it. 

Holy shit! Why don't more people know about this game? I'm not a fan of the resolution--it's very, very small on modern monitors--but everything else about this game is awesome! Animation is superb, the sound rocks, and even the voxel graphics still have some pop.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I remember it was rated well back in the day. I've been meaning to pick it up from GoG. 

I might have to pick it up sooner!

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@ATrevelan: You probably know this by now but there is a resolution patch for Outcast. I just ran it at 1280x768. Seemed fine, ran it about 10 minutes or so.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF

I bought it a year ago as well but haven't touched it yet. When it came out I tried playing it but my AMD Duron 700 couldn't handle it very well and I never left the starting area (or did I just have the demo?).

There should be some kind of resort where people could go and take care of their backlogs :D

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Indeed, my backlog seems to grow exponentially this time a year.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mnzy
    @DeF said:

There should be some kind of resort where people could go and take care of their backlogs :D

http://backloggery.com/ is a good site to atleast keep track of your backlog. 

edit: 
    http://howlongtobeat.com also does it pretty well.
    Suedehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Suedehead

Is there any Andre 3000/Big Boi co-op?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By DeF

@mnzy said:

@DeF said:

http://backloggery.com/ is a good site to atleast keep track of your backlog.

edit:
    http://howlongtobeat.com also does it pretty well.

I'm actually on backloggery ... it doesn't really help, it just hurts every time I look at the numbers :D

I meant an actual place where time stands still and we can just PLAY the games without having to worry about missing stuff in real life for once

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.