Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Outlast

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 04, 2013

Deep within the abandoned halls of Mount Massive Asylum, amateur journalist Miles Upshur sets out to find a good story, and instead finds an evil presence.

Outlast, a new survival horror from industry veterans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The developers are from Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell & Uncharted teams.

Heres some info:

"According to Red Barrels, Outlast promises to deliver a true survival-horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind. “There are already a lot of great games out there about terrifying monsters that eat brains; we want Outlast’s to be scary because you’ll know the enemies you face still have them,” said Philippe Morin, co-founder of Red Barrels.

“Our team has a lot of previous experience creating big, blockbuster games,” said co-founder David Chateauneuf. “We’re all really excited to see what kind of fear-based emotional rollercoaster we can build on our own!”"

It seems like a really terrifying game, cant wait. Summer 2013 is the expected release date.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for shadowlegend300
    ShadowLegend300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ShadowLegend300

Sold!!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE
    Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GERALTITUDE:

looks good, hopefully both are out next year.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikeGosot

That looks cool, the teaser wasn't very scary, but i'll wait until it launches. I hope it's good.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By GERALTITUDE

: I... don't think so? It's not like there were ever that many survival horror games. So many of the big franchises changed directors (if not developers/publishers) over the years.

It's also worth noting that Mikami isn't just a survival horror vet, but a fucking master of games.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

@GERALTITUDE said:

Coo. Hope it turns out good. Between Project Zwei (Working Title) and this maybe we're in for a survival horror boom!

don't forget ZombiU which, despite its silly name, is pure survival horror mechanically.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EthanielRain

@MikeGosot said:

That looks cool, the teaser wasn't very scary, but i'll wait until it launches. I hope it's good.

Looked scary as hell to me. I don't think I could play it O_O

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
    @EthanielRain said:

@MikeGosot said:

Hm, what exactly you found scary? The enemies weren't much scary in my opinion. The location was cool, but i think it needs some work, but hey, like i said, i'll wait until it launches.
    sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sasnake

@MikeGosot said:

@EthanielRain said:

@MikeGosot said:

Hm, what exactly you found scary? The enemies weren't much scary in my opinion. The location was cool, but i think it needs some work, but hey, like i said, i'll wait until it launches.

Because its a horror game made from a mix of people who worked on non-horror games!....I mean that dosent matter...but the games they did work on were AMAZING! so of course this is going to be the scariest game EVER!!!!!!!!!

sarcasm

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EthanielRain

@MikeGosot said:

@EthanielRain said:

@MikeGosot said:

It looked like you have no way to defend yourself...being in the dark with a limited-use infrared camera...spooky sounds with monsters sniffing you out...NO THANK YOU :O)

Horror games in general scare me easily, though. This one doesn't have to be special to turn me into a little girl!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.