Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ouya

Platform »

The Ouya is an Android-based device that hooks up to TVs and plays video games.

@E3: OUYA is fighting with ESA and police-cops

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided

IGN: E3 2013: Cops Called to Shut Down Ouya

Julie Uhrman, founder of the Ouya console, informed IGN that the police visit was just another event in an ongoing conflict with the ESA. Ouya had their console on display in a lot across the street from the Los Angeles Convention Center, which is the home of E3. But at 9am this morning, the ESA rented out the spaces in front of Ouya’s display and parked semi-trucks in them in what Uhrman felt was an attempt to block people from noticing Ouya’s presence.

Uhm. So that's weird.. Looks like a hot dogs stand, with GameBlocks in it.. Ouya seems alright, and this ESA fighting is interesting..

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Did he have a permit to be there? Did he have hotdogs? No hotdogs. Well we found the issue right there.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look at those ridiculous little segway things the cops are on. John and Poncherello must be rolling over in their graves.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The ESA is a bunch of assholes. So glad they tried to bust this guy, though, because now he's getting media attention that he never would have had just standing in a parking lot alone.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

ESA can invite anyone they want to attend their arrangement and exclude whoever they want. The Ouya is a third console; only there to sponge attention.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like this should be a new scenario in Cart Life.

JadedWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Police-cops? Where?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    No Caption Provided

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

The ESA is a bunch of assholes. So glad they tried to bust this guy, though, because now he's getting media attention that he never would have had just standing in a parking lot alone.

Haha, that's actually a good point; in trying to remove him, they made him some sort of "hero standing up against the man"... Whatever.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ESA can invite anyone they want to attend their arrangement and exclude whoever they want. The Ouya is a third console; only there to sponge attention.

Don't you mean fourth console? Or have we collectively shunned Nintendo already and I just forgot to read the memo?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Funkydupe

@twigger89 said:

@funkydupe said:

Don't you mean fourth console? Or have we collectively shunned Nintendo already and I just forgot to read the memo?

Sorry about that. Non-intentional slip of the mind. ;)

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It isn't about that, they would have gladly let Ouya in if they had paid to be there. Dream Gear has a stand ffs.

It is that Ouya rented the parking lot across the street and is alleging dirty tricks.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brendan

Why didn't Ouya go to E3? It seems weird that they're not in the exhibition.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#14  Edited By Kidavenger

I really doubt Ouya was specifically banned from E3, more like they were too cheap to rent booth space inside the convention hall so they are trying to leech off of it on the cheap, I don't blame the ESA at all for trying to discourage them.

From the looks of that stand, it doesn't even look like they are trying to show it off anyway, looks more like a publicity stunt.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. that's what they drive hoping people take them seriously? Aaalright then..
    "Sir, let me just get off my segway with the built-in training wheel on the front and tell you a thing or two. Partner, hold my blankie"

But hey, crazy stuff going on, that's for sure

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

I really doubt Ouya was specifically banned from E3, more like they were too cheap to rent booth space inside the convention hall so they are trying to leech off of it on the cheap, I don't blame the ESA at all from trying to discourage them.

From the looks of that stand, it doesn't even look like they are trying to show it off anyway, looks more like a publicity stunt.

This is what I thought.

The Ouya was, to me, an interesting though useless experiment, but man this is just a bit pathetic. I can't help but think that the money, time, and work put into this thing would have been better spent on a creative new game or a good piece of software.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They made a bagillion dollars on Kickstarter, they should've rented proper showfloor space!

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That picture... Those "bikes", the Ouya "stand". It's all gold.

It's like someone wanted people to write their own captions.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No way that's a legitimate stand right? That whole thing kind of looks like a joke. . . I think the OUYA is pretty interesting but what are they doing? Really?

HellknightLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By HellknightLeon

Don't care about that thing. Sucks to be in that spot... but with the "internet"(its a thing guys) why fight for space at E3. Even if you got space... no one will care next to the big boys. Maybe the guys is just trying to be retro punk or something. I mean if you are going to put your all into this... do look like a fucking hotdog stand and an ave joe.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By spraynardtatum

Fuck the ESA

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a poorly thought-out situation on both ends. ESA comes out of this looking like bullies while, unless they were barred from the E3 showroom for some reason, the Ouya people look cheap and unprofessional.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DonPixel

Jullie Uhrman its desperate, make a good console next time.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IAmNotBatman

What the fuck are those things the cops are on?

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Hey its a free country. ESA doesnt own the lot across the street. Their trick of parking semi trailers in front tho was pretty awesome too. that's business. I can't fault either party here. They're both just furthering their interests within the confines of the law.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.