Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Create a long-winding train of ghosts and eat 'em for large combos in this frantic sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Are you happy with the game?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Report your story... :p 

I'm thinking of buying, but still on the fence. 

DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DiscoDuck8k

Other than not liking how effortless all the achievements are, this is the best arcade game I've downloaded in a long time.

I'll definitely be playing a lot of it.

Scribbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Scribbly

My two cents, if you liked what you played of the demo, get the full game, besides the overly easy achievements there's not much wrong with repeating the formula with small changes. And $10 isn't that much :P It may not be as good value as, say, Super Meat Boy (which I think has gone back up to 1200MP though) , but it's still awesome.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By WickedCestus

I bought it, S Ranked it, and played it for two more nights. Haven't touched it today, but it's good enough that you should buy it. Like Geometry Wars, it's good to go back to at any time. 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I think it's an amazing game but nowhere near as good as some people say, this is not GOTY 2010 and people who say that are crazy in my opinion. 

Avatar image for pizzalunchables
    pizzalunchables

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pizzalunchables

It's a lot of fun! The rankings a great motivator to keep playing, as they are based on your percentile on the leaderboards. So this morning when  I saw my S ranking (top 5%) on the Championship II map was knocked down to a lowly A ranking (top 10%) I was inspired to go back and play for like 30-40 minutes to keep my scores relevant.

I can see myself coming back pretty frequently. Its a wonderful palate cleanser after hunting Borgia Flags in AC:B.

dmaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dmaggot

While I am not good at the game at all, I do love playing it. As was mentioned before the rankings are fun to check out, and this is definitely a game that I will come back to time and time again. Easily worth the $10.

hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By hostile

I don't remember Pac-Man C.E. having hard achievements so I don't understand the complaint about easy trophies here. I'm very happy with the game. I'm not sure I like it more than C.E. but I'm having a lot of fun.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ghostiet

I fucking need to buy it after playing the Trial.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jozzy

For some reason I don't like this game, might be because I am really, really crappy at it. I made the mistake of buying it on the back of all the praise it got everywhere, despite not really enjoying the demo. I guess it's just not for me. I'll probably try to get the S-rank since people say it's easy, even though so far I haven't been abe to get the 5min and 10min score-based ones. Once the speed gets over 35 I keep being to slow on turns and making the wrong decisions concerning routes. Once I got the cheevo's I'll probably never play it again.
    thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thebatmobile

Too easy achievements and GOD DAMN I HATE THE D-PAD ON THE 360 CONTROLLER.  

I forgot to mention that it's a really fun game.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BBQBram

Got it on a whim and have been LOVING it. The music, the visuals(!) and all the mazes keep me coming back. I'm not particularly stellar at it, but I managed to get the achievements on my first session and have been kinda playing it everyday for at least a few rounds. It's a great game to just pick up and play, and lately I've been filling my XBLA with stuff like that.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By CharleyTony

it is a no brainer. just like geometry wars 2. 

the only semi bad thing i can say about it is the achievements are really easy, you'll S-rank it for sure. 

the real thing to look at is your ranking in the game, when you dont play people are besting your scores and you need to jump back in to reclaim your A rank

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By phantomzxro

I really like the game its always fun to pop in for 30 mins and have fun kinda like peggle or plant vs zombies. And it only 10 bucks which is not bad at all since everything else is 15 bucks now. I only wish it had more of its crazy soundtrack music. I would love a  levels and music pack.
    jellysnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jellysnake

I was never a fan of the original, mostly because I wasn't very good and got frustrated.  Picked this up in the sale yesterday and played until 4am.  I still have Batman: AA sitting here in shrinkwrap.

I'm still not great at it but I had a blast.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Considering I was never very interested and bought it on a whim, I love it. 
    Ethereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Ethereal

This is a tick under Super Meat Boy as my favorite downloadable game of the year

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BasketSnake

Bought it a couple of hours ago. It's insanely addictive. I Imagine you could make it even better if pac-man could drift! It's totally possible to do it in LBP2. You'd need a different level layout of course.

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Fracture

The game is all kinds of awesome. Been scoorechasing Supermarius for over a week now and that alone is tons of fun.

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21  Edited By kariyanine

I like it so much that I bought it on both the PS3 and the 360.  I kind of wish there was a PSP version as well so I could take it on the go with me.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Hizang

It's Pac-Man, but better!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.