Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Create a long-winding train of ghosts and eat 'em for large combos in this frantic sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Please, tell me I am missing something here: I have lost money.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dudacles

Right, so Pac-Man CE DX is part of the "Festive Offers" on the Playstation Network, so it's been priced down to 6.99. I paid this amount for the download (and the money is indeed gone from my wallet) and got a double download for it. A Pac-Man Theme (which I was able to locate) and a 6Kb "Pac-Man Championship Edition DX" download. I thought it impossible that the game would consist of such a tiny download, and indeed it is nowhere to be found. I cannot locate it under my "Games" tab and there is no record of the game being on my PS3 in any way, shape or form. What I did notice is that both the theme and the supposed actual game have a "-trial-" in their titles. What this means, I am not sure. Did I somehow pay for a demo of the game? If so, why is there no demo to be found?

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Have I done something wrong? Am I supposed to download the full game elsewhere? If it turns out I have paid for the wrong thing, I will be severely pissed, especially since there is nothing actually on my PS3 that might have been downloaded, aside from the useless theme. Any help would be much appreciated.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

If there's a demo, try downloading that. Sometimes the full game only unlocks once you download the trial. That's just the way some PSN downloads work.

kzeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kzeni

The super small file is the "unlock" for the trial version that can be downloaded from the store for free. The unlock got installed when it was finished being downloaded so downloading the trial (now unlocked to be the full game) is the only thing you need to do.

This allows games to offer an in-game store without slapping you with a large download when a purchase is made. Pixel Junk games do this with their demos, and Burnout Paradise did this with their DLC.

XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By XTraFries

fuck....i bought this yesterday for full price........

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jadeskye
    @XTraFries said:
    " fuck....i bought this yesterday for full price........ "
    i've heard a lot of that lately, these sales are brutal XD
    sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sterbacblu

This has happened to me before.  Go to the PS store on your console and in the upper right corner, click the icon for "View Downloads."  That should show you any appropriate downloads you need for what you purchased.  It's also a good way to find stuff you can't get directly from the store anymore but you had already downloaded.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#7  Edited By Jazz

you need the trial..which is the full game download with restrictions. the unlock key (which you downloaded) will unlock them

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Raymayne

That's the PSN for you.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dudacles

I'll go try that, thanks a lot guys.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By 02sfraser

That is just the unlock code. You have to download the demo like with Scott Pilgrim

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dudacles

It worked. Thanks a bunch for the quick replies. And let me tell you: this game is so bad-ass. This is my first Pac-Man game ever (!), due to my relatively young age but boy am I glad I picked this up. It's like, I finish a round and I just keep on trying over and over again. Incredible.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I bought it for full price -.- oh well, still worth it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.