Buckner & Garcia of "Pac-Man Fever" Working on Mobile Game

• 85 results
#51 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I had you to win, Klepek. TO WIN.

#52 Posted by Sillybigwillie (29 posts) -

Is TNT over for the evening?
#53 Posted by Vrikk (895 posts) -

I'm sure Joystiq, Kotaku, and IGN are cursing you right now.

#54 Posted by Siphillis (1291 posts) -

Buckner and Garcia have a weird habit of targeting games that only my parents like.

#55 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Patrick, you industrious little news man, you.

#56 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Siphillis said:
Buckner and Garcia have a weird habit of targeting games that only my parents like.
Buckner and Garcia are old enough to be your parents.
#57 Posted by Xealot42 (276 posts) -

@boondocksaint2k said:

@Brackynews said:

HAWT SKOOPZ

Where's Gaynor? Baboo. Wizard.

You forgot to mention Far Cry 2!

#58 Posted by FoxMulder (1675 posts) -

shortest and least entertaining TNT yet :(

#59 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

EXCLUSIVE!!!

#60 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

Drunk bastard.

#61 Posted by RussianDrink (117 posts) -
@Xealot42 said:

@boondocksaint2k said:

@Brackynews said:

HAWT SKOOPZ

Where's Gaynor? Baboo. Wizard.

You forgot to mention Far Cry 2!

Grenades don't belong at the tops of hills if you know what I mean.
#62 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

Who?

#63 Posted by Ronald (1362 posts) -

This might be the biggest news story Patrick has ever broken.

Ever.

#64 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Ronald: Even the spam bots recognize the glory.
#65 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -

EXCLUSIVE

Rotated 135 degrees in the top left corner. Yeah, it's that exclusive!
#66 Posted by Evelgest (122 posts) -

Sorry Patrick, that stick, the Sanwa JLF, is the choice of fighting game fans in the US, Japan, and other areas around the world. Check it.

#67 Posted by HibikiRush (151 posts) -

@FoxMulder said:

shortest and least entertaining TNT yet :(

Seriously? This was one of the best TNTs so far.

#68 Posted by thebazel (62 posts) -

no idea who these people are or what pac man fever is..and im almost 30 years old..

#69 Posted by sirdesmond (1235 posts) -

Wow, the Angry Birds song could have been great. I'm sad we won't see it, especially since if there is any game that has similarly captured America in the way Pac-Man did, I would think it would have to be Angry Birds (or Farmville, but screw that).

#70 Posted by FinalGameFreak (4 posts) -

No audio or video of said announcement, nice job Patrick.

#71 Posted by TheMailToad (17 posts) -

Dammit Patrick I bet on you.

#72 Posted by Milkman (16660 posts) -

Your "Brand X" video game websites may get the Call of Duty and Halo exclusives but they ain't got shit on this.

#73 Edited by fisk0 (4031 posts) -

@thebazel said:

no idea who these people are or what pac man fever is..and im almost 30 years old..

You probably were born too late then, as it was almost 30 years ago the song came out.

Still, it's not like it's some obscure 80's indie song, it was pretty big hit even in non-video game circles, and it's still occasionally played on radio stations with 80's formats.

#74 Posted by TheHT (11133 posts) -

GIANT giant GIANT BOMB GOTCHYA PAC-MANG X-X-X-X-X-X-KLOOOOOOSIVVVVV *air horn* *air horn* *air horrrrrrrrrn*

#75 Posted by Wonloong (356 posts) -

@TheHT said:

GIANT giant GIANT BOMB GOTCHYA PAC-MANG X-X-X-X-X-X-KLOOOOOOSIVVVVV *air horn* *air horn* *air horrrrrrrrrn*

I lol'd.

#76 Edited by RVonE (4631 posts) -

@FinalGameFreak said:

No audio or video of said announcement, nice job Patrick.

Instead of posting a snide remark you could, you know, check out the TNT footage to which he refers. It's all up on Giant Bomb's Justin.tv channel.

EDIT: and it's now up on GB's regular video page.

#77 Posted by drugged (43 posts) -

This is the kind of Exclusive I like to see!

#78 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@Evelgest said:

Sorry Patrick, that stick, the Sanwa JLF, is the choice of fighting game fans in the US, Japan, and other areas around the world. Check it.

That doesnt mean anything.  It can still wear out and considering i have seen it around in other videos for a long time and jeff seems to use it to play every game that warrants a stick, it probably is worn out. 

And since the majority of the competitors complained about the stick being bad and not doing what they wanted (and if you watch the video you can clearly see several times people turning into a ghost instead of the other direction) i'm willing to believe that it was a bad stick.  Only person that didn't seem to have a problem with it at least once was Jeff, but he owns the damn thing so that is expected.
#79 Edited by chilibean_3 (1634 posts) -

I like that this is the news post I see front paged all day. XXXX-CLUSIVE!

Also, I would have loved to see the look on Jeff and Ryan's faces when that bomb was dropped.

#80 Posted by Roddykat (237 posts) -

You know what, good on them for riding the lightning. Get that money. And kudos to Patrick for quickness of the scoop.

#81 Posted by Ooame (165 posts) -

Dare i say that this is the biggest news story of 2011?

#82 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1199 posts) -

Wow this is a huge story, man.

#83 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4240 posts) -

Well, I remember liking that song just because it was something that acknowledged the existence of video games beyond arcades and electronics stores. I doubt my thoughts were too complicated, though, since I was pretty young.

I wonder how many people even know what the hell this article was about. :)

#84 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@NickL said:

@Evelgest said:

That doesnt mean anything.  It can still wear out and considering i have seen it around in other videos for a long time and jeff seems to use it to play every game that warrants a stick, it probably is worn out.  And since the majority of the competitors complained about the stick being bad and not doing what they wanted (and if you watch the video you can clearly see several times people turning into a ghost instead of the other direction) i'm willing to believe that it was a bad stick.  Only person that didn't seem to have a problem with it at least once was Jeff, but he owns the damn thing so that is expected.
Sanwa parts are arcade parts so they're supposed to take a beating as they are found inside arcade cabinets in Japan that get used for tons of fighting game matches every day. So it's unlikely it was the stick being worn out and Jeff hardly plays fighting games at a hardcore (read: hours upon hours and hours) level which only backs up that argument more.

The simple answer is it's a square gate arcade stick which could well be different to what they are used to. Arcade sticks in the US traditionally used octagonal gates I believe. Could be wrong but square gate is certainly not the norm, that's more of a Japan thing.
#85 Posted by EverydayOdyssey (171 posts) -

They still have Pac fever? Didn't John Legend create that vaccine...

#86 Posted by holland152 (2 posts) -

exclusive! Love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.