Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAIN

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 29, 2007

Launch your character from a gigantic slingshot and cause as much pain and destruction as possible in the city. In October 2010 a patch for Move support was released.

>_<

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

you actually have to DOWNLOAD and pay for stuff to get all the trophies in this game beyond downloading a new map which i understand but to get trophies all ready built into the game you have to download characters thus purchasing them.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

What game? That sounds extremely lame also. 

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Oh nvmd, should have read title. XD 

I have that game, it's best played with friends. It's ok, nothing amazing. 
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

Ha ha, thats nuts.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Manachild

maybe you should buy a good psn game like wipeout hd

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By RichardLOlson
    That sucks....sorry to hear about that man. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Didn't Crackdown do this as well?  It's definitely a shady practice, but luckily, it's not something that happens with many games.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Karmum
    jakob187 said:
    "Didn't Crackdown do this as well?  It's definitely a shady practice, but luckily, it's not something that happens with many games."
    I'm pretty sure with Crackdown though if you joined a person's match with the DLC, you could get the achievements. It worked that way for me.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Didn't Crackdown do this as well?  It's definitely a shady practice, but luckily, it's not something that happens with many games."
    I'm pretty sure with Crackdown though if you joined a person's match with the DLC, you could get the achievements. It worked that way for me."
    Besides, most DLC adds achievements, which is exactly what the Crackdown DLC did.

And to stay on topic, I noticed this today while my sister was playing PAIN.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    I'm pretty sure with Crackdown though if you joined a person's match with the DLC, you could get the achievements. It worked that way for me."
    Besides, most DLC adds achievements, which is exactly what the Crackdown DLC did.

And to stay on topic, I noticed this today while my sister was playing PAIN."
    Yeah, they add extra achievements. Alot of games do this, aside from PAIN.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yeah in pain the trophies all ready built into the game require that you download+purcahse a female character, and a ninja/pirate character to get them.
    The new maps and such add trophies, but original trophy require the download of characters.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By KamasamaK

Super Stardust HD required add-ons to get all the trophies too. That and PAIN are special circumstances since they had patches to add trophies in later, so they could make the default set with whatever's available at the time. At least you're not losing out on a platinum for those games, cause that would be BS.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:

And to stay on topic, I noticed this today while my sister was playing PAIN."
    Right, but I remember there being achievements in the base Crackdown retail copy that were listed, but the stuff you needed to use wasn't available until the DLC was out.  Therefore, you were told "do this achievement" but then found out "oh, it's not in the game yet...you have to pay extra for that".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.