Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Paladins

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released May 08, 2018

A free-to-play multiplayer-focused "hero shooter", from the studio behind the 2014 MOBA Smite, with a strong fantasy-meets-scifi theme.

No love for Paladins?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I've literally never heard of it until this moment, but if it's pretty fun, that's good to hear. Is it like, widely available, or is it in like closed alpha, or does it cost money, or what?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3  Edited By Giantstalker

@discohippoletsgo: Never heard of this game before. I won't lie, at a glance this looks extremely similar to Overwatch. What has you coming back to it? Genuinely curious here, Overwatch is good but not great so I can see competition being good for this sort of game

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Paladin was my favourite class in WoW and is typically my favourite class archetype in general.

...Oh, what's this now?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hate Hi-Rez for how much they squandered Tribes: Ascend. It was such a good starting point, then they fucked it all up and now they're just a dev that makes half baked "chase the popularity" games. So no, no love here.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Wished they had put the 3rd person spin on it like they did with smite. Can't see much of the hero in an fps.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Depends. Prot, ret, or holy?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I love this game because I always forget about it just in time to hear about it again as if it was new. Pretty sweet.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@trilogy said:

Depends. Prot, ret, or holy?

hammerdin or thorns auradin

I always liked Keldorn Firecam in my party.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't the concept page for the RPG class at all! I am disappointed

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Me and my wife had never heard of this game up until a month or so ago where a friend of hers got her to play it some. She wasn't very impressed; something about the controls being floaty and the classes/characters being poor ripoffs of established archetypes and designs with no real personality of their own. She was more interested in Perfect World's shooter moba thing called Gigantic which we also just recently heard a tiny murmur about.

I personally didn't play Paladins since I don't like competitive stuff normally but it looked kind of pointless in today's bloated shooter market. Like it's been done better already. But maybe it'll evolve as it leaves beta, who knows.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I always hated the Lawful Good restriction. It seems like too many DMs take lawful to mean 'obey the laws of the land' instead of 'follow your own code of laws diligently,' or they give you a Sophie's choice.

...a team based shooter? How did all of these go into development at the same time? It's a sudden deluge.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The game seems neat, but between being let down multiple times by Hi-Rez in the past and the fact I have Overwatch and Paragon ready to play if I want a dose of competitive multiplayer, I think I'll just pass this one up.

It's sad too because I love the art style of this game, but maaaaaaaan, Hi-Rez has long since burned up all it's goodwill in my eyes.

Cobsohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically this game had every ability from Overwatch plus more. It's the definition of a rip off game and I love it for that. There's a lot of new abilities never seen in an FPS before that work well and will hopefully get ripped off for Overwatch 2. It also has all the ideas I loved about Battleborn, but without the annoyance of killing AI guys.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lanechanger

@flstyle said:

Strange enough, I was actually expecting that for some reason lol. Maybe just a poll to see how many duders are a fan of the classic d&d class.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of Smite, so I'll check it out sooner or later. I know the game was getting some hate from Overwatch fans due to some characters being similar, but it's not like Overwatch characters are original it's not like they invented cowboys, grim reapers, knights, ninjas, etc.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FLStyle

@flstyle said:

Strange enough, I was actually expecting that for some reason lol. Maybe just a poll to see how many duders are a fan of the classic d&d class.

Dragonborn Paladin for life!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can't get over how shamelessly it's ripping off Overwatch, and in a way that just feels worse to play. Admittedly, that's a hard contest to win, but hey, it's the one in which they chose to compete

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's an interesting example of a developer completely losing their dignity.

Johnny_Sailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Y'all are crazy. This game is nothing like Overwatch. I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.