What do you like on them?

• 59 results
#1 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

I like ice cream :) Try it, you'll love it.What about you?

#2 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Rasberries
Blueberries
Strawberries

and of course syrup.

#3 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

normally I do strawberries and some kind of cream. Though I do love some chocolate chips.

#4 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1238 posts) -

Blueberries and granola.

#5 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Shame and bitter tears.

You know, like mom used to make.

#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Disappointment.

#7 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Maple syrup and butter, not very original I know.

Anyone tried the Japanese take on pancakes? My girlfriend made some for me and they are delicious, really, really filling. Super thick as well.

I was full after one and a half!

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

A little bit of butter and THAT'S IT. Pancakes should be good enough on their own merits.

#9 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

I'm a purist. Only maple syrup for me. The only time I'll have fruit with my pancakes is if they're baked into the batter.

Man, I could really go for some blueberry pancakes with that blueberry maple syrup I have right about now.

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6070 posts) -

A broken heart.

And nutella.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11809 posts) -

Pancakes.

#12 Posted by SuperSambo (2858 posts) -

Anything other than sugar is too much, and even then only a small amount of sugar is needed.

Oh, and sausages.

#13 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

Nothing. Plain. I prefer to eat them like a finger food I guess.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

More pa-

@BeachThunder said:

Pancakes.

DO NOT STEAL MY ANSWERS, TIME WITCH!!!

@Sooty:

The hell's the Japanese take on pancakes? The only things I know about Japanese cuisine are the really nerdy things about Japanese cuisine.

#15 Posted by wonko33 (19 posts) -

maple syrup on BUCKWHEAT pancakes

#16 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Butter & maple syrup maybe with some crumbled crispy bacon pieces or fruit (blueberry or strawberry). Tried other toppings & didn't care for them.

#17 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Chocolate chips, blueberries, and/or maple syrup.

#18 Posted by plainplease (187 posts) -

C - hocolate chips

B - ananas

S - yrup

(get it?)

terrible joke

#19 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4363 posts) -

Strawberries and syrup. If for any reason you ever need to bribe me, know that that's the quickest way to an answer.

If you're dressed up in a Felicia costume while holding the pancakes, I'll fucking tell you before you even ask.

#20 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Balls

Of maple syrup.

#21 Posted by Linkster7 (1022 posts) -

Vanilla ice cream. And berries lots of berries.

#22 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

Butter and syrup at home.

At restaurants I get a tower of fruit and whipped cream with a pancake underneath.

#23 Posted by Milkman (16621 posts) -

Maple syrup and butter.

And chocolate chips on the inside.

#24 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

The hell's the Japanese take on pancakes? The only things I know about Japanese cuisine are the really nerdy things about Japanese cuisine.

Well they are called hotcakes and the ones I had, had more filling than the pancakes I've had in the US and England. I think one key difference is they use raising flour instead or something? Because they are fucking phat.

#25 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

A little bit of butter and THAT'S IT. Pancakes should be good enough on their own merits.

This. 100% this. A pancake can stand on its own merits, and its merits are enhanced with some butter. For extra pancake-y goodness, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds or on a grill or something (you can tell I know lots about making food) so the butter melts a little. Then eat. I used to like pancakes with sugar and lemon juice. While nice it isn't really to my taste now.
#26 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

Maple syrup, but they have to be buttermilk pancakes... or if I can't find buttermilk, then a bit of regular milk plus yogurt. 

I had this nightmare that somebody bought all of the pancakes I love and I couldn't eat them anymore, but it turned out all the same ingredients were there along with some new (very expensive) ones and the pancakes were even better than before.  

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Sooty:

So they're like fuller pancakes? That's not what Wikipedia said (they're like regular pancakes, only you can put whatever the fuck you want in them).

#28 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Strawberry or raspberry jam with cream is what I grew up on, but ever since I first tried maple syrup it's been my favorite. Applesauce is pretty great too.

#29 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Sooty:

So they're like fuller pancakes?

The ones I had were, it was kind of like eating 6 of the pancakes you get in McDonald's, but from eating 1 and a half!

#30 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Syrup and butter. That's all.

#31 Edited by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (602 posts) -

I'm boring. I like my pancakes with maple syrup. If I have any fruit, I got with strawberries or bananas.

.... or waffles.

#32 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

It depends on the pancakes. I like lots of stuff, like syrup, fruit, whipped cream, etc. Now, when I make pumpkin pancakes the correct topping is syrup and chopped pecans.

#33 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

@Hooded said:

I like ice cream :) Try it, you'll love it.What about you?

Wow, I just did and I <3 you now.

#34 Posted by Skyfire543 (676 posts) -

Get me some chocolate chips and some maple syrup and I am a happy man with pancakes.

#35 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

I like them with maple syrup and butter. And when I'm in the mood some peanut butter and jelly, it's filling and delicious.

#36 Posted by CyborgDuo (105 posts) -

Polly's Pancake Parlor in northern New Hampshire has the best pancakes. Hands down. Too many choices to list.

#37 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10868 posts) -

I like them raw.

#38 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

The tears of orphaned children.

#39 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

Strawberry Jam and maybe some peanut butter too <3

#40 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

The rotting remains of my broken heart.

#41 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Butter, strawberry jelly and maple syrup. But I'm also not a huge pancake fan.

#42 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

If I had a bed made out of stacked pancakes, I'd love a fine woman on them. Just saying.

#43 Posted by Pudge (882 posts) -

Butter is the only way.

#44 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

Butter and syrup, that's it.

#45 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2021 posts) -

I'm all about that blueberry compote life!

#46 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

On them? Butter and nothing else, you hedonistic devils.

In them? Sign me up for some secret chocolate chips.

#47 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

Cream and Honey.

#48 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

Cream and Honey.

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9653 posts) -

Butter and maple syrup. Anything else is fucking blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

#50 Posted by Bane122 (786 posts) -

Shitload of butter, little bit of syrup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.