Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pandora's Tower

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 26, 2011

An Action RPG about a girl who turns into a terrible beast unless she eats the hearts of monsters and the guy who's killing those monsters for her.

Pandora's Tower control info + screenshots.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

Links: 12

The game will have Classic Controller support. Also, here's some information about what you'll be able to do with the chains seen in the trailer:
    • Pull flesh of enemies.
    • Restrain enemies to allow for easier attacks with other weapons.
    • Use enemies as weapons by swinging them around.
    • Latch on to walls and swing around.
    • Activate switches.
    If you play with a Wiimote, you'll be able to directly control the chain via arm motions.

Also, the game is apparently an "exploration-style action RPG". Metroidvania, perhaps?

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Axersia

Hmmm... I dunno man... I got extremely excited for The Last Story, but that turned out to be a total letdown from what I've heard, so I'm a little reluctant to get excited about another Wii RPG (thing is, for me to play a Japanese Wii RPG, it actually has to be worth importing the console for -- and then I wouldn't even have the ability to play English games unless I can make it region free through some modding magic). Not to mention how I'm just not a big fan of 3D whip/chain-action games (can't stand God of War and and anything that resembles it -- way too slow for my tastes).

At least it's been confirmed that this is a true action RPG rather than a "hold A to auto attack" game, so we're off to a good start. The game also received a C-rating (15+) rather than the A-rating (all ages) or B-rating (12+) that most RPGs get (including stuff like the MegaTen series), so here's hoping for something with a darker tone to it, but it's probably only because you get to pull flesh off enemies.

Either way, I do have some interest in it as hack 'n' slash RPGs are my favorite genre, so I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Contro

Interesting. We'll see. These games have to come out here before we can make a proper assessment, you can't rely on the the reception of Japanese gamers and their videogames media.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael
    @Axersia said:
    " Hmmm... I dunno man... I got extremely excited for The Last Story, but that turned out to be a total letdown from what I've heard "
    Really? I thought it looked really cool. Where did you hear it wasn't good?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.