Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen promises to be a modern update to challenging, group-focused MMORPGs of the past.

Brad McQuaid's Kickstarter has launched

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope they don't remember Vanguard
    I hope they don't remember Vanguard

Was reading this morning that Brad's Everquest style mmo is getting underway, appears to propose a strong group mechanic above the current theme park inspired single player progression of most modern mmos, in that sense it does remind me of old school Everquest, but I am skeptical on making lightning strike on my nostalgia bone for the glory days of EQ in a new form. What are your thoughts on this game/Brad/Kickstarter campaign?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My honest thought is that we don't need this shit!

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfgame

@funkydupe: The part that gets me nervous is the stretch goals, I am not 100% on how these always work. They are either highly presumptuous that the $$$ is gonna start rolling in or the game is going to launch without features that I feel are absolutely needed in order to compete with current mmos, if the goal is $800,000 we aren't gonna get pvp unless we clear that by 3 million? That just seems crazy to me, not to mention how the classes and such locked behind varying stretch goals. I would want to watch this a whole lot more closely before committing personally.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Rise of the Fallen lol

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMOs need to become social games again, many new MMOs just feel like bad single player RPGs with other people running around. The only popular MMO these days that still somewhat forces you to be social is EVE, and I don't really care for sci-fi and the focus on PvP. So the talk about focus on groups sounds great. But I have some worry that it will be a technical mess like Vanguard (that game had great ideas but was completely broken).

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wolfgame said:

@funkydupe: The part that gets me nervous is the stretch goals, I am not 100% on how these always work. They are either highly presumptuous that the $$$ is gonna start rolling in or the game is going to launch without features that I feel are absolutely needed in order to compete with current mmos, if the goal is $800,000 we aren't gonna get pvp unless we clear that by 3 million? That just seems crazy to me, not to mention how the classes and such locked behind varying stretch goals. I would want to watch this a whole lot more closely before committing personally.

Yep. I love crafting in MMOs, but for this thing apparently it wont even be in the game unless they get 3 times what they're asking for! I realize that an MMO is ridiculously expensive to make, and even the core stuff probably costs a lot more than the $800,000 they're asking for, so I can understand wanting to shoot low just so that they can get some funding. But that just sends the message to me that they want money more than they want to put out a feature-rich game that meets their initial vision.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who has been following how this shaped out may not be too surprised how the kickstarter is closing out. Depending largely on gamer opinion of Brad I imagine, it looks like there is significant skepticism in this being pulled off as promised. I have been watching this pretty closely and you can almost pinpoint the time that this ran out of steam from the diehard fans and had to win over everyone in the middle. That hasn't happened, instead of the usual trend of an increasing number of contributions in the closing days of a kickstarter people are actively withdrawing from donation tiers. Unless something completely unheard of happens that strikes life back into the project, it is safe to say that the Pantheon KS is dead at this point. Brad has expressed an interest to continue direct funding to his site similar to star citizen , that way you can give money directly to him with less pesky accountability.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.