Best JRPG Ever

#1 Posted by Hooray4Larz (35 posts) -

Who is with me? I still have my original copy!

Oh what I wouldn't give for a remake... much more deserving for one than FFVII imo *ducks*

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I wish I was one of the lucky few who played it :(

#3 Posted by mattdragn (76 posts) -

I agree, this is the finest JRPG ever, if not the best game ever. Better combat than any other to this day, fully voice acted and a beautiful sound track. What more could anyone ask for?

#4 Edited by Stete (725 posts) -

Might be good, but no game is worth dishing out 150 quid, which is more or less how much it costs nowadays. Hell, I wish they would just have a functioning emulator so people can play the damn thing! Ive been trying to get a modded Saturn just to play this game but alas no luck so far.

#5 Posted by Soap (3565 posts) -

Do you guys think this games stands up today then? To a new player? 

#6 Edited by mattdragn (76 posts) -

For me there's a heavy amount of nostalgia, but I'd say the graphics were great in their time, and are still perfectly playable (better than FF-7), and the sound track is still top notch. The main problem is the asking price of £100 for a game that's about 20 hours long.  

If you collect games then go for it, and if you live in the uk look on ebay for a copy of the first disk (should be about £20 as it was released as a demo). Try that first and if you like then look for the others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.