E3 2011: Paper Mario 3DS Trailer

#1 Edited by gzl5000 (164 posts) -

Huh. Hope the story is fresher than last time. Wishful thinking.

#2 Posted by Crono (2697 posts) -

I love these games

#3 Posted by PKRS (7 posts) -

:(

#4 Posted by AlphaDormante (44 posts) -

Dammit, you guys, carrying a series I absolutely adore to a system I couldn't care less about.

#5 Posted by Chewii101 (822 posts) -

So this is a RPG? Loved the one that came out on the N64, the Wii version not so much

#6 Posted by Xtrminatr (263 posts) -

Looks great but definitely won't be buying a 3ds for this.

#7 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

Cool, a game for my 3ds I can buy. Soon I will have 4 games, Oot, SSF:IV, paper mario, and excitebike...... So nothing I haven't owned or played on other systems

#8 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Silly Mario.

#9 Posted by admanb (226 posts) -

Wait so... it's 3D Paper Mario?

#10 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I haven't even watched this video yet and I've already lost my jaw to the floor. THANK YOU NINTENDO! Thank you for bringing one of my favorite franchises to the portables!!!!

#11 Posted by Ario (5 posts) -

YES YES YES FUCKING YES!!!
Now I want a 3DS !

#12 Posted by maxB (322 posts) -

Love the paper marios except for the wii one, might be the thing that gets me to buy a 3ds

#13 Posted by TomP (52 posts) -

Well, I think I need a 3DS now.

#14 Posted by ChrisTobin (56 posts) -

I was bummed when the didn't mention this in the press conference and a tad worried. Glad to see this is still being made.

#15 Posted by chickdigger802 (502 posts) -

love how in the gamecube one you could join sides with the final boss and take over the world ;)

Fantastic series with awesome music.

#16 Posted by whatisdelicious (1256 posts) -

a) They gotta get a better way to make trailers for 3DS games to show off the 3D aspect.

b) The 3DS chime at the end of trailers now is really freaking me out. I keep thinking it's the first note of the Intel Inside chime.

#17 Posted by grbear (59 posts) -

I hope it's more like the Gamecbe game than the Wii game which ran out of steam long before the end. Being honest I'd prefer a new Superstar Saga.

#18 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5288 posts) -

@whatisdelicious: You can download the 3D trailers to your 3DS. Gotta say they all look pretty good. Luigi's Mansion probably looking the best 3D-wise for me, but Paper Mario looks pretty awesome too.

#19 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

This and the Mario game are the sole reasons Im interested in a 3DS. I think the problem with having good graphics on a handheld is it shuts out much smaller devs making experimental games. Now if Atlus wants to make another Devil Survivor, its costs more time and money because it has to look good for a 3DS game. If they did more quality control in DSiWare, that could be the spot the smaller projects go. 
But Paper Mario, yes. Fuck yes.  Intelligent Systems should do nothing but Paper Mario games, let Retro do Fire Emblem or something.
#20 Posted by Brendan (7982 posts) -

I will buy this for the 3DS currently doing nothing in my living room :)

#21 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2393 posts) -

Now I need a 3DS. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is one of the best games ever.

#22 Posted by KickahaOta (147 posts) -

Yes. I don't care if this is a rehash. It's a rehash of something I desperately want. Mmm, rehash.

#23 Posted by MeatSim (10925 posts) -

Surprised they didn't mention this at the press conference.

#24 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

This game might be the reason I get a 3DS. This and the new Super Mario game.

#25 Posted by AuthenticM (3786 posts) -

Probably the only 3DS game I am interested in.

#26 Posted by ayebaj (5 posts) -

Where are the sidekicks?!

#27 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Xpgamer7 said:

Now I need a 3DS. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is one of the best games ever.

Looking at this has basically pushed me back into the 3DS field. I'm still deciding to get this or Vita but this looks so good. I love the Paper Mario series.

#28 Posted by tobygw (582 posts) -

Paper Mario be so nostalgic for me.

#29 Posted by Hef (1151 posts) -

Paper Mario and Luigi's mansion 3ds?!? Nintendo...you read my mind.

#30 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@Th3_James said:

Cool, a game for my 3ds I can buy. Soon I will have 4 games, Oot, SSF:IV, paper mario, and excitebike...... So nothing I haven't owned or played on other systems

This is a completely new game, though. Not a remake or port like the others.

#31 Posted by Coldbrand (215 posts) -

BRING BACK THE REAL SUPER MARIO RPG!

#32 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

This is the Paper Mario I want to see, none of that 2D/3D rubbish.

#33 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

So many Marios!

#34 Posted by MjHealy (1863 posts) -

Even though Super Paper Mario was pretty cool, I would like to see this return to the RPG style akin to the N64 and NGC ones.

#35 Posted by mr_shoeless (388 posts) -

I haven't played the Paper Mario series before, but from this trailer I can't tell what the heck the gameplay is like. All I see is crazy stuff that would probably make more sense to me if I was Japanese.

#36 Posted by core1065 (549 posts) -

Looks really cool. But I want a true sequel to Mario RPG.

#37 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Coldbrand said:
BRING BACK THE REAL SUPER MARIO RPG!
Modern Square Enix making a Mario RPG sounds like the worst fucking thing ever, no offense.
#38 Posted by BonOrbitz (2243 posts) -

I LOVE THIS MUSIC!

So, is this a brand new game or a remake? It's not the first Paper Mario and I wouldn't recognize it as 1,000 Year Door because I've never played it.

#39 Posted by ClarkGriswold (1 posts) -

Now I remember why I bought the 3DS. The good titles may be few and far between, but oh so worth it when they finally show up.

#40 Posted by whatisdelicious (1256 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@whatisdelicious: You can download the 3D trailers to your 3DS. Gotta say they all look pretty good. Luigi's Mansion probably looking the best 3D-wise for me, but Paper Mario looks pretty awesome too.

I mean to people that don't have one already. I don't have one so I can't really picture sometimes what it would look like. They should render the 3DS and simulate what the 3D effect is like, sort of like in the original concept video of the 3DS.

#41 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

This looks pretty good.

#42 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

It's looking great, I hope the games story is as good as the N64 game.

#43 Posted by streek471 (21 posts) -

Bought a 3DS largely just for this, can't wait.

#44 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -

Whoa. that's awesome.

#45 Posted by Zapbrader (176 posts) -

Yep, looks like Paper Mario, but the scissors part at 1:20 was a nice nod to Final Fantasy.

#46 Posted by CookieMonster (2442 posts) -

How the fuck did I miss this? This looks brilliant.

#47 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3709 posts) -

WHERE IS THIS GAME!?

#48 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

Good question. The one 3DS game I've been anticipating the most and nothing's been heard of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.