Finally, someone grabbed some (2D) video of Paper Mario 3DS

#1 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -

For some reason, it has been really difficult getting some video footage of the 3DS.

Maybe it's because cameras weren't allowed on the show floor, or they just didn't bother since you won't be able to see the 3D. But someone bothered/got away with it, and we got some badly shot video footage of Paper Mario 3DS (and some bit of beta Mario Kart 3DS).

Seems like they are going to push the contrast between the 2D characters and the 3D world this time, which should be very interesting visually, and of course, it's a whole new game, so it should be awesome. Mario Kart 3DS ain't worth talking about much, since it probably won't come out for another 2 or 3 years, and the tiny tech demo was not playable and used assets from previous games (except the music).
#2 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Man, I want that Mario Kart 3DS... oh, and Paper Mario! 

Maybe its just me, but it seems like all the booth girls were bored out of their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them are just pretty faces.

#3 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I can't tell anything from that other than that camera dude must be a smoker cus he's shaking like crazy. 
Still, PM3 day one. Super don't count.

#4 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Nice find. Shame the footage was short and hard to watch.

#5 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Man stereoscopic 2d sprites will surely blow my mind.

#6 Posted by CoverlessTech (737 posts) -
@Emilio said:

" Man, I want that Mario Kart 3DS... oh, and Paper Mario!  Maybe its just me, but it seems like all the booth girls were bored out of their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them are just pretty faces. "

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/6/14/
#7 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Any attractive girl at any games convention is a hired pretty face. That goes without saying. But also, customer service 101, both men and women respond better to women.

#8 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -
@Emilio said:
" Man, I want that Mario Kart 3DS... oh, and Paper Mario!  Maybe its just me, but it seems like all the booth girls were bored out of their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them are just pretty faces. "
They were probably unhappy too. Reggie pretty much hired them to carry a 3DS strapped on to their hips as grown men with cameras play it in front of you.
#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Looks good, almost Gamecube graphics can't wait, think I'll import a Japanese one this time around...

#10 Posted by Siphillis (1290 posts) -

As long as it has that same anarchic sense of humor, it's a day one purchase for me.

#11 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I still don't understand where the actual 3D footage of the 3DS is. There are 3D cameras. There were people with 3D cameras at E3. 
Give me some cross-eye or anaglyph 3DS video footage ffs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.