Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Paper Mario

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 11, 2000

The second Mario-themed RPG features a pop-up storybook aesthetic with flat paper characters. When the Seven Star Spirits are kidnapped by the forces of Bowser, it's up to Mario and his traveling companions to save the Mushroom Kingdom!

Under-rated?

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By WightnNerdy

Do any of you guys think this game is a bit under-rated? While I don't think it's one of the best games ever, it's definitely one of my favorite—if not, my number one favorite.  Is it because the game is too easy for most RPGs? Is it because the visuals are a bit muddy and rough around the edges? Is is because it's not as deep as other Japanese RPGs? 

I absolutely love Paper Mario. I could not stop playing the game when I first purchased it with my sister back in the day. I just think it doesn't get enough appreciation it rightfully deserves. Sure, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was the precursor to the game and is considered to be a better overall product, but I personally think that Paper Mario does so many things right that it's kind of ridiculous. 

Agree, disagree?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I've never played the first one, but I absolutely loved The TYD!  It was excellent!  That's why Super Paper Mario was such a disappointment...  Why the heck did Nintendo have to change the formula like that for no good reason?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

I love this game.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

What disappoints me most about anything Paper Mario is Super Paper Mario.  That Wii of mine would've seen plenty more time had that been good.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane

Didn't play the original, but the other ones i played were pretty good. 

Cept maybe Super..first time i played, i game overed before even getting control of the character, and had to watch the whole opening scenes all over again.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @rjayb89 said:
    " That Wii of mine would've seen plenty more time had that been good. "
    Same here.  I probably wouldn't even have sold it (true story).
    WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By WightnNerdy

Yup, I agree that Super Paper Mario was kinda not good. I wish they made a regular RPG Paper Mario for the Wii, though I'm happy that the new Paper Mario is coming to the 3DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.