Anyone registered on the Paradox Interactive forums...

#1 Edited by Animasta (14689 posts) -

check your email, because everyone's (well it sounds like they're giving it to everyone) getting a code for Europa Universalis 3: Chronicles (which is all the expansions; Napoleon's Ambition, In Nomine, Heir To The Throne, and Divine Wind) fo free.

of course, I have it and need to find someone to give it to, but still, get your free shit... it's also a super fantastic game, one of my absolute favorites.

edit; only if you were subscribed to the newsletter, apparently

#2 Posted by EchoEcho (825 posts) -

Wow. That's super generous of them. Don't have an account, personally, but still -- good on 'em.

#3 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

wow... i guess a lucky friend of mine is getting EU3.

#4 Posted by Kaiserreich (698 posts) -

Anyone want mine? I already own the game.

#5 Posted by EchoEcho (825 posts) -

@Kaiserreich: I've actually not played any of Paradox's games before; I find them intriguing and intimidating at the same time. How difficult would it be for someone with limited strategy gaming experience to pick up and play? I'm kind of interested, but I wouldn't want to steal the opportunity from someone who might get more play out of them.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

@EchoEcho said:

@Kaiserreich: I've actually not played any of Paradox's games before; I find them intriguing and intimidating at the same time. How difficult would it be for someone with limited strategy gaming experience to pick up and play? I'm kind of interested, but I wouldn't want to steal the opportunity from someone who might get more play out of them.

http://lparchive.org/Europa-Universalis-III-Divine-Wind/

this is probably the best tutorial thing on the web, and if this seems to hardcore for you...

#7 Posted by bibamatt (1088 posts) -

@Kaiserreich said:

Anyone want mine? I already own the game.

I'd love it if it's going free! Thanks duder!

#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Nice of them to do, thanks for the heads up.

#9 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2006 posts) -

So... uh, if anyone is willing to drop one of those my way I'd like... uh, totally be cool with that. At least, assuming signing up right now wouldn't net me a copy since that would be sorta fucked up.

/begging

#10 Posted by Kaiserreich (698 posts) -

@EchoEcho: Sorry man I didn't see you're reply and sent the code off to someone else.

#11 Edited by EchoEcho (825 posts) -

@Kaiserreich: That's totally fine, duder!

@Animasta: I do believe I'll give this a look -- thanks for the link.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

@EchoEcho: I still have my code, by the way, so if you like what you see you tell me :)

#13 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I'm getting a 503 error trying to log in. Server over load!

EDIT 2: Now it's only 503.

AND WE'RE BACK.

#14 Posted by olegyef (24 posts) -

If any one has an extra code I would love to get it. Thanks.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14817 posts) -

Well here I thought this was going to be about their forums or something being hacked.

#16 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Wait a minute, I've got nothing in my box. Is there a direct link somewhere?

#17 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

@HaltIamReptar said:

it should be in your email account, it just gives a code... are you sure you used your regular email? I had an old email account it was registered with

#18 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@HaltIamReptar said:

it should be in your email account, it just gives a code... are you sure you used your regular email? I had an old email account it was registered with

I just looked at the original announcement, and apparently you need to be subscribed to their newsletter, which I am not. Ah well.

#19 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

@HaltIamReptar said:

@Animasta said:

@HaltIamReptar said:

I just looked at the original announcement, and apparently you need to be subscribed to their newsletter, which I am not. Ah well.

well, now we know (it makes sense now that I think about it).

#20 Posted by EchoEcho (825 posts) -

@Animasta: Well, I just woke up and it doesn't look like anyone's claimed that code of yours (at least in this thread), so if you do still have it and no one else has laid claim, I'm willing to give this game a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.