Do you like Diablo 3? Torchlight? Try Path of Exile!

• 56 results
#51 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I played 50 hours of Diablo 3 and I realize, no I don't like these kind of games.

#52 Posted by Dezztroy (776 posts) -
@Dacnomaniac said:
@Dezztroy said:
You use pubbies as a way to get your point across? I don't even know if you're trying to look stupid or not.

Biggest dickhead of a response i've read on this website. Well done my good sir, you have received the giant douche award.

Pubbies are generally bad at games.
#53 Posted by Christoffer (1763 posts) -

So far I love the game. I played a bit on Normal before I jumped over to Hardcore. Not that I'm especially great at ARPG's. I just wanted to force myself to learn the underlying mechanics and care more about all the different strategies, still working on it

I've put hours into just looking over the passive skill tree planning my route, pondered over which skill gems to level up or link, gambled with many orbs on my gear (and often lost), etc. etc.

I've played both D3 and Torchlight 2 but never felt as much gratification as in PoE. And people who thinks these games are all about clicking need to reconsider their choice of difficulty. One does not simply click spam a boss who can easily one shot you if you lose focus.

#54 Posted by SKaREO (23 posts) -

I just picked up this game last night. I didn't get much sleep. This game is a major breath of fresh air in the ARPG genre. THis is what I invisioned Diablo 3 should have been like. A lot more focused on the gamers who loved Diablo 1 and 2, and less focused on milking a million fans for every dollar. The game play in this game is fluid and the itemization, economy and skill tree are EPIC! This is a game designed to be fun for the long run, not just a 60 hour casual pleb playground like D3 currently is.

#55 Edited by me3639 (1734 posts) -

I saw this being advertised somewhere last week and i thought i would try it out. Its pretty good. I mainly rolled through some of the early missions with a bow and some added skills with no trouble on Normal, but others in chat were saying it was Diablo + difficult on the harder levels. I'm going to keep playing, but probably wait until at least they get the map configured as it is pretty much useless right now(at least today).

Positives

Health and mana regenerate with kills so you dont have to worry about carrying around a thousand flasks.

Gems level up and you can take them out of weapons/armor anytime for reuse

Love the skill tree

Re spawning of enemies seems to be slow

Waypoints through out the regions

Game looks pretty good

Negatives

Map is useless right now

Chat is sort of juvenile

When looking at loot wish it would compare to equipped items

Again its not done, but dont really care for how it handles quest in your log.

#56 Edited by gike987 (1751 posts) -

@me3639: Hold Alt to compare items.

#57 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

@me3639: Map works fine from a D2 perspective, not particularly sure what you'd want better on that front. Overall the game is not bad but not great; it's basically a much better game than Runescape without crossing over to Titan Quest territory. The graphics on effects are good, the environments are extremely dry and boring.

#58 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I'm bumping this shit cause the game really needs some new blood. I guess everyone but the really devoted ones will get bored of it eventually, considering the random, grind heavy nature of ARPGs. But I also think that anyone who might enjoy a good ARPG will eventually come back.

Anyway seriously dudes try this game out, you might enjoy it, might not but it's completely free to play. So if you haven't tried it there really is no reason not to, unless you really hate ARPGs. I'll also probably...maybe...likely do a blog about the game in the near future.

Oh and I just saw my post from 2 months back. The irony is not lost on me.

#59 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Hey I remember this game! Made a fair amount on JSP off it, hurray; though looks like there's not that many people left over there, and assuming they never changed the free to play model I can't imagine they made that much off it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.