Is Giant Bomb going to PAX Australia? - UPDATE: No.

#1 Edited by Snail (8585 posts) -

I'm not Australian but this might be the first PAX I'll ever attend. I don't think they've ever held a panel at any convention outside the US, so I'm aware that this is wishful thinking.

But since this is PAX and they've always gone to these events I thought I might as well ask. Have they spoken about this iteration of the expo at all?

MAY 28 UPDATE

Whatever lucky fucks happen to be going to this event let your spirits rejoice: the Bomb Squad is going down under.

JULY 11 UPDATE

#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
#3 Edited by Mahonay (828 posts) -
#4 Posted by wariomona (57 posts) -

No Bombcrew = No PAX

#5 Posted by goatmilk (181 posts) -

I posted in the other thread that Jeff has said (on tumblr) he's not sure about them going, that he'd like to go but not sure at the moment.

I wish I knew because that right there would be reason enough to buy a ticket. Not doing so until I hear something concrete!

#6 Posted by Inkerman (1449 posts) -

Fuck yeah, I'd totally go to that if the guys went one year.

#7 Posted by Shaunage (694 posts) -

I'm in Sydney, a short plane trip away from PAX in Melbourne, and I'll make the trip if GB will be there.

#8 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

I think they want to but nothing is set in stone yet.. But I already have my tickets and this would be the cherry on the proverbial cake (Well it'd be more like the cake but I reckon PAX will be awesome)

#9 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

Please yes.

#10 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

They won't. It will be like TGS were they talk about how they would like to go and maybe they will - but they won't.

Also, I don't want them to. I would like them to come to the UK but realistically if going to PAX East and PAX Prime basically shuts down the site for half a week then I can only imagine how disruptive going trans-atlantic or trans-pacific would be. Not worth it for an hour panel.

#11 Posted by probablytuna (3554 posts) -

If the Giant Bomb is going it'll definitely increase my interest in traveling to Melbourne.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@alternate said:

They won't. It will be like TGS were they talk about how they would like to go and maybe they will - but they won't.

Also, I don't want them to. I would like them to come to the UK but realistically if going to PAX East and PAX Prime basically shuts down the site for half a week then I can only imagine how disruptive going trans-atlantic or trans-pacific would be. Not worth it for an hour panel.

Well the thing is the first time they went to TGS as Giant Bomb, I was way more interested in hearing them talk about Japan. I don't think any of them have been to Australia before.

#13 Posted by Red12b (9081 posts) -

FUCK YES!

#14 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Also, PAX AUS is just over a month before PAX Prime. And a month after E3. Fortunately not too much happens in the gaming summer. Still, I bet it matters.

#15 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@alternate said:

Well the thing is the first time they went to TGS as Giant Bomb, I was way more interested in hearing them talk about Japan. I don't think any of them have been to Australia before.

I'm pretty sure Brad has been before, I remember him talking about it years ago on a bombcast, he also had a beard then as well

#16 Posted by Bloopa79Aus (119 posts) -

I am planning on going with my mates we will probably be doing the 3 days

#17 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@Bloopa79Aus: I'd pick up your ticket's soon if you haven't they have already sold half of the 3 Day Passes

#18 Posted by selbie (1848 posts) -

An appearance by the Bomb Squad would be the perfect way to start Australia's first ever PAX.

#19 Posted by GiantBomber (350 posts) -

I will book a flight from New Zealand if I find out they are attending.

#20 Posted by Rodin (164 posts) -

@Genkkaku said:

@Hizang said:

@alternate said:

I'm pretty sure Brad has been before, I remember him talking about it years ago on a bombcast, he also had a beard then as well

i remember dave talking about being in aus, but i don't think brad has.

#21 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

I kinda wanna go but none of my mates want to go as well.

#22 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@Rodin said:

@Genkkaku said:

@Hizang said:

@alternate said:

i remember dave talking about being in aus, but i don't think brad has.

I just found the episode and you were totally right it was Dave who came back from Aus, I wonder why I always thought it was Brad.. I also think this is one of my first bombcast's I ever heard..

#23 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

If any of them come it'll be maybe half of the crew. They'll be way too busy after E3 next year with the insane anounncements that will be coming out

#24 Posted by Srah (79 posts) -

Thanks for reminding me to buy a ticket! It would be amazing if they could make it but i'm sure i'd be much too shy to say hello and just gawk from a distance

#25 Posted by Srah (79 posts) -

@Mars_Cleric said:

Yeah i know what you mean! i don't really enjoy going to cons by myself and i don't have friends who are interested in going. I'm really torn about going because 3 days sounds unpleasant but then again what kind of convention of that scale happens over here?

#26 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

@Srah said:

@Mars_Cleric said:

Yeah i know what you mean! i don't really enjoy going to cons by myself and i don't have friends who are interested in going. I'm really torn about going because 3 days sounds unpleasant but then again what kind of convention of that scale happens over here?

I know, right? I'm really torn as well.

#27 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@Mars_Cleric said:

@Srah said:

@Mars_Cleric said:

Well even if you have no-one to go with there seems to be a ton of GB members going.. I say go

#28 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

@Genkkaku said:

@Mars_Cleric said:

@Srah said:

@Mars_Cleric said:

Well even if you have no-one to go with there seems to be a ton of GB members going.. I say go

maybe, will see how we go

#29 Posted by Marino (4606 posts) -

To all of you saying you won't buy a ticket until you know for sure that GB is going: You likely don't have that luxury. Tickets are already over 50% sold out and will almost definitely be gone before any official announcements are made.

Staff
#30 Posted by Srah (79 posts) -

@Marino said:

To all of you saying you won't buy a ticket until you know for sure that GB is going: You likely don't have that luxury. Tickets are already over 50% sold out and will almost definitely be gone before any official announcements are made.

@Mars_Cleric: Oh boy, looks like we have to decide pretty soon!

@Genkkaku: Fuck, I'd be happy to meet GBers but because of social anxiety it might end badly :/

Fuck fuck fuck.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Where's the Kickstarter for them to go to PAX Australia?

#32 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@Srah: At the least you have the fact that were all members of GB in common..

#33 Posted by Lyriell (4 posts) -

Maybe someone should set up a GB meetup/after-party?

I say 'someone' because I'm too freak'n lazy.

#34 Posted by selbie (1848 posts) -

@Lyriell said:

The Gamespot AU duders could host it now that Giantbomb is part of CBSi. The Mana Bar would be the perfect venue.

#35 Posted by TheFridge (94 posts) -

@selbie said:

@Lyriell said:

The Gamespot AU duders could host it now that Giantbomb is part of CBSi. The Mana Bar would be the perfect venue.

I suspect that The Mana Bar will be a very popular place over that weekend and not a great place to hold a meetup where hundreds of people could turn up. I want a meetup but if someone said Mana Bar, I wouldn't go.

#36 Posted by selbie (1848 posts) -

@TheFridge: True, I just remembered how cramped their venues are.

#37 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Got my 3 day pass. They are 90% sold out so get to it if you haven't already!

#38 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba
Got my 3 day pass. They are 90% sold out so get to it if you haven't already!
Also, I think Ryan's status gives us hope that they might come. I wouldn't say it's confirmation, but its reason to get our hopes up.
#39 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: I'm hoping they do decide to go because that would be nothing short of awesome.. Also sold out! 3 Day passes are now gone

#40 Posted by abrasion (111 posts) -

Get the fuck out of here, I didn't think the GiantBomb guys would come? That's seriously fucking slick if they do.

Awesome, I can be one of those creepy moist palm handshake guys kind of awestruck going "so umm hi, videogames, yep! ok, bye"

#41 Posted by abrasion (111 posts) -

@Genkkaku said:

@Bloopa79Aus: I'd pick up your ticket's soon if you haven't they have already sold half of the 3 Day Passes

They are all gone now :/ - I only have a Friday booked.

#42 Posted by Capt_Ventris (590 posts) -

Hope they are coming as I have been personally scouting the best drinking establishments in Melbourne

#43 Posted by Genkkaku (734 posts) -

@abrasion said:

@Genkkaku said:

They are all gone now :/ - I only have a Friday booked.

You could book the other 2 days unless there sold out.. In the long run it's only $20 more

#44 Posted by Eldrien (19 posts) -

It'd be great if they do but I'm coming across from NZ whether they do or not!

#45 Posted by Red12b (9081 posts) -

@Eldrien said:

It'd be great if they do but I'm coming across from NZ whether they do or not!

Fuck yea, same

#46 Edited by RPGee (759 posts) -
#47 Posted by Snail (8585 posts) -
@rpgee said:

I believe the answer to this question is right here.

Yep saw that too! Stabbed a pencil through my hand because I didn't buy tickets. It hurts. But my heart hurts more.

#48 Posted by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

@snail said:
@rpgee said:

Yep saw that too! Stabbed a pencil through my hand because I didn't buy tickets. It hurts. But my heart hurts more.

Get those overpriced tickets on Ebay yo!

#49 Edited by Snail (8585 posts) -

@commandergermanshepard said:

@snail said:
@rpgee said:

Does that even work? I remember reading a few years back that they no longer allow reselling tickets right? Doesn't the person who bought the tickets have to be the person that goes in with them? Maybe I'm wrong here. Their FAQ actually seems to indicate that I am!

Frankly I've found a few on ebay that aren't that overpriced, but buying an airplane ticket at this point would be exponentially more expensive than 7 months ago, so I'll probably refrain from going, and shall instead proceed with my bloody, gruesome chastising.

#50 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

@snail said:

@commandergermanshepard said:

@snail said:
@rpgee said:

Does that even work? I remember reading a few years back that they no longer allow reselling tickets right? Doesn't the person who bought the tickets have to be the person that goes in with them? Maybe I'm wrong here. Their FAQ actually seems to indicate that I am!

Frankly I've found a few on ebay that aren't that overpriced, but buying an airplane ticket at this point would be exponentially more expensive than 7 months ago, so I'll probably refrain from going, and shall instead proceed with my bloody, gruesome chastising.

Yeah would of been great knowing that they were going months ago would of got some cheap tickets to fly over the ditch for the weekend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.