Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Australia 2014

Concept »

The second annual PAX Australia was held October 31-November 2, 2014 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre in Melbourne, Victoria.

PAX Australia 2014.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

PAX AUS 2014 has officially been announced! There are a few changes though.

First of all, the date will be swapped from July 19 - 21 to October 31 - November 2.

The venue has also been changed from the Melbourne Showgrounds to the Melbourne convention and exhibition centre.

What do you think about the changes? Personally it doesn't matter because I'd go either way, and I'm super excited about PAX 2014! Hopefully the tickets will be on sale soon.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It will want to be much better planned out for me to shell out for the trip again.

The wife and I had a blast in Melbourne, but we barely attended PAX itself because the floor was underwhelming barring the few Indies there, and the line up times for the panels were fucking ludicrous.

If they address all that, I'll book the flights

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hayt

I'm glad to see it growing, I had a good time at last year this year, but I spent more time at the tabletop stuff than the show floor which maybe the poster above me isn't into. That said I don't think I'll go, the change of date makes it fall during my final exam block for my degree. Lucky for people that live in Melbourne, much less of a commitment.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Exhibition Centre > Showgrounds. Easier to get to, better conditions, more stuff around.

As for the date, hmm. It makes a bit trickier for uni students. And I'm not sure how that date coincides with primary/high school kids as well.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By probablytuna

It was a great excuse to visit Melbourne again for the first PAX but I'm not sure if I'll have the money for a second trip next year...

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I was hoping it would coming north ... sadness

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... that weather may be on the warm side. Will probably go next year, couldn't coral anyone to tag along this year.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The venue this time is nearly 3 times as big. So hopefully that will mean less queuing , more panels, booths and generally more things to do. Hopefully I'll get around to meeting some fellow duders next time round (I only went on a Saturday last time).

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By EVO
    @zero_ said:

Exhibition Centre > Showgrounds.

Yep. Showgrounds was one of the reasons I didn't go.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Wow, the new venue is literally right next to my place. It's a much nicer venue than Showgrounds for sure. Definitely going all 3 days this time around to make up for not going last time (got sick). Hopefully it won't be too warm by then.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ikilledthedj

Defiantly will try and make it down next year. Didn't even know about this year until it was sold out

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ninnanuam

Much better venue, and it seems like a better time of year too. Good positive moves.

Issue is if I was only into video games, I would consider 2013 a disappointing, there were few games on the floor that weren't indies or FTP crap. I spent maybe two hours on the video game floor All weekend.

The only thing that made it super awesome were the tabletop games I got into, and even that room was a little lacking in rpg's and merch that wasn't magic.

The primary issue in going is that the tickets will sell out before anything is announced, on the pax site they said there would be more emphasis on international content ( which I read as not indies) but I don't actually know what will be there, I'm trusting the pax brand can deliver a fun time. This year was fun but like it was on me to make it, there wasn't a critical mass of things to see or do, if I didn't essentially invite myself to play board games with randoms it would have been a boring con.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I might just try and make one in the USA instead of dealing with a watered down Aus version. If it wasn't across the other side of the country i would think about it.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr:

I'd plan on going to pax prime if the tickets didn't sell out in 6 minutes

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I wont make the same mistake of not getting tickets this time. Jeff and the gang coming this time?

computerandy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to it. Should be awesome at the Melbourne convention and exhibition centre. Really large space. Only downside is that its not a great time of the year... University exams are generally at that time or just after. And the spring carnival is also on in Melbourne at that time. I wonder if anyone who lives in melbourne was a part of the decision to have the event this time of year. But either way can't wait and definitely getting another 3 day pass.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ill be going with a group of friends from New Zealand

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randiolo: I think it was implied in a tweet that Jeff made but I'm not too sure.

Also for all those wondering, I'm pretty sure they changed the date due to the Comic Con clash so that more international guests/press could come along.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.