Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Australia 2015

Concept »

The third annual PAX Australia took place October 30-November 1, 2015 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre in Melbourne, Victoria.

Giant Bomb Meetup @ PAX Australia 2015 Edition

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Okay folks, I know it's short notice, but my working schedule right now is MENTAL so here's the last ditch effort to make another glorious fun Giant Bomb meetup!

So what I'm thinking is Friday night we can all meet at a bar out of the city. There are a couple of reasons for this decision:

1) Most of the city bars are booked out by other PAX Australia groups
    2) City bars are expensive
    3) We have two awesome candidates accessible by public transport.

Pixel Alley is located in Collingwood and is pretty rad. They have some food on offer, and every time you purchase a drink you get a token to play one of their awesome gaming stations. http://www.pixelalley.com.au/

The other is Forgotten Worlds in Fitzroy. This is a little more "dive bar" feel and they have arcade cabinets. They also host a weird cult cinema night, so I'm sure a pretty good crowd frequents the place. https://www.facebook.com/forgottenworldsarcade

Rather than booking a space, I figure we can meetup and just hang out and have a good time. @wezmon will no doubt have his world famous Card Against Humanity in tow, and some of the folks who came to the unforgettable first Giant Bomb PAX Meetup will hopefully be along too.

So if you're interested, post in this thread. If we get enough people (5+) then I'll make some calls and lock this in.

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
    FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You know I'm in, flip a coin on the venue.

OrchidAugur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OrchidAugur

I'd love to come along and finally meet some other GB fans face to face!
    I've been meaning to check out Pixel Alley for a while, but I'm ultimately not too fussed about the location.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another option has arrived!

There is a yearly meetup of gamers, journalists and developers/publishers called Corruption Drinks. The people organising that said we can have a table and just roll the Giant Bomb meetup into that. The venue is literally a 5 minute walk from the PAX Halls, so that could also be a good option if people are keen to join in on the bigger thing.

alexeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By alexeik

I'm keen! I'm coming with a couple friends to PAX from Sydney so will try and come along to whichever venue is picked.

Hope to see some old and new duders soon!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sounds interesting, i didn't make it last year, mostly cause i didn't know the meetup existed. If you guys organise something i'd probably make an effort to show up.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like the Corruption Drinks will be our best bet - it's right near the show, there will be heaps of gaming folks there, but we can commandeer a table and just hang out and be awesome duders.

I'll get the info today and let you all know!

cuzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for this. Corruption Drinks sounds good for a venue too.

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Put me down as a tentative; I'd love to have a few beers and talk about the time I saw Kojima at a Konami health club while on holiday. Not 100% sure I can make it, but really want to after missing it in the past!

yodasears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I am so glad you went with rolling into Corruption (now Co-op) cos I am there ... and could not miss that...

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so drinks are happening at The Boatbuilders Yard from 8:00pm on the Friday night. I'll be there and we'll grab a table and chill and han out with all the cool folks. If you get there and can't find me, 0434 385 891 is how to get a hold of me.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I'm not going to PAX that day, but I'd love to join in. Definitely can make it to that time and place.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool beans, should be a good night :)

MetaJohn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetaJohn87

I'm definitely keen for a meet up. Passed by a heap of duders last year (I was wearing the GB shirts so got a few hi-fives), should be nice to actually get to know some.

rccola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested. Have plans on Friday night, but Saturday and Sunday are fine.

cuzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, it's just outside so I don't have to go far! See you there.

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
    FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, just across the river from where I'm staying, safe to say some whiskey will be consumed! :p

Avatar image for flamingeyebrows
    flamingeyebrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I am coming down from Brisbane for Pax with two friends. One a big GB fan like me and the other a GB casual. Mind if we crashed this party? :)

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Wezmon

Goddammit! Friday night is out for me. You duders will just have to have a great time without this old fart. Pour one out for me. No, wait... pour it down your throat instead.

Ninja Edit: I will be going to PAX all three days so anyone who recognises me, holla! I don't get out much these days, so I'm kinda like a gold foil rare! :D

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone missed getting a pass my crew has had some last minute bails.

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case anyone is wondering, we're currently sitting near the bocce pit (near the Polly Woodside ship) so come say hi!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to everyone who came. Sorry I had to bail, PAX booth issues are a nightmare.

Let's all try to stay in touch hey, we should do local events more often because we are all rad people.

OrchidAugur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, had a great time meeting you all (some very briefly) on Friday night, and bumping into a couple of you throughout the weekend made for nice surprises! I'm Kris (Long hair, denim jacket), so feel free to keep in touch through the forums an I'll hopefully be more active here!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, was grea to meet a bunch of you at the meetup and PAX! I've made an Aussie Duder thread for us to stay in touch over here http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/aussie-duders-the-lets-be-awesome-thread-1786452/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.