Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2013

Concept »

The fourth annual PAX East took place March 22-24, 2013 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

No place to stay during PAX East...

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

So I came across a 3-day pass but with such little time to plan I don't have the time or money to book a hotel. I don't want to sound like I'm begging but is there any duder willing to let a stranger crash with them during the event?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#2 Marino  Staff

@smashecontrollers: I can't personally help you but you should check out the Room Share thread on the official PAX forums.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Bring a tent, sleep in the park. #occupypax

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Is this a thing? I'd actually be fine with that if I'm not the only one...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I don't know how legal it is to camp in a public park, but I imagine the cops can't find everyone who does it. But consider that March in Boston isn't great in terms of temperature, and also homeless people stealing your stuff.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@bisonhero: Is this a thing? I'd actually be fine with that if I'm not the only one...

Considering the constant beating mother nature is giving that city this year, I wouldn't even dream of doing it.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: I live in the east coast, I know how shitty the weather has been...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: Oh no, sorry that came across that way. It's just after the big snow storm, the weather over here's been insane...

Sen0r_Awes0me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Sen0r_Awes0me

I found success with the PAX Room Swap Thread on the PA Forums. It's expanded rapidly in the past week or two, lots of people shifting plans around and having/needing extra space.

It's a little bit madcap because new users have to request their posts to be edited as FOUND. But I sent out a few emails and got responses sent to me from a few more. People are certainly looking on both ends of the spectrum.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/129897/pax-east-2011-room-share-thread/p1

And should be cloudy and 40s all weekend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.