Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

GB PAX East 2014 Panel Livestream - Acceptable, Yay or Nay?

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll GB PAX East 2014 Panel Livestream - Acceptable, Yay or Nay? (237 votes)

Yay! I loved watching the panel live! 46%
    Acceptable, banner ads and timing of ads aside. 31%
    Nay! I'll wait for the Scanlon edition! 22%

Since this was the first time the GB crew could get their PAX panel streamed live, figured it would be worth a bit of time to get people thoughts who watched it live.

For myself, I think it was worthwhile. Especially that ending. It's no substitute to being there in-person, but I'll gladly watch it live from the other side of the country alongside the thousands of other duders enjoying the show. The ads were annoying and randomly timed, so there are just 30 second chunks that I completely missed and will prompt a re-watching. Which I would gladly spend my time doing anyways because the GB panels are a blast to watch. And then watch again when the Scanlon Edition hits the site.

So, thumbs up and hope there will be more opportunities to watch future GB PAX panels live streamed.

• 
    kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kkotd

Does anyone know which archive video is theirs on Twitch?

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/b/519374922 starts at - 17:15 and it starts loud

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By forteexe21

Archive would be missing a lot without SMITE and NewEgg. Would still be watching it for the interview.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was fantastic! Best yet, and having it live was so much fun.

The Smite and Newegg ads on screen were a little too prominent, but if they are tuned down in the future, it could be fine. They were actually kind of funny at a certain point.

The random ads were not okay, but with adblock on, it prevented them. On-screen ads are acceptable; cutting into the live pax panel with another Mr. Clean ad is terrible.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By turboman

Pax Panels are nice when they are live streamed so there's no weird 5 day lull...

But man PAX's twitch stream has been awful this year.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Definitely yay. The on-screen ads were a bit much at first, but at some point today we started to have fun with it all.

The panel itself was unbelievable, it smite be the best one yet.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So as much as we love to see them act off the wall and say 'Fuck everyone'... The serious moments were actually some of the best parts. The way Patrick handled the digital indie games question was actually way further than I figured they'd take it. Nothing against the guy asking the question, but it sounded like a really weird conspiracy theory he'd been holding in his heart, waiting to plead it to the world. I probably would have completely ignored him or laughed his question away, which Jeff started to do, but then everyone realized, 'Aw shit son, this boy for real.' It was also nice that even though Ryan wasn't specifically brought up, he was definitely a part of that panel. I hope I wasn't the only one thinking 'Ryan would have fucking done it' when Vinny brought up the Oatmeal in the beer comment. It was a good panel and for a day of some really shitty PAX streams (technical and ad filled), this one finished the night out nicely. Good job guys, keep it up, can't wait for ya to get back to Sanfran and get videos going. #ThongsForLife

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Loved it. Sure, the 30-second ads were a bit annoying, but boy that panel was fun to watch and listen to live.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I never had any ads appear due to AdBlock, but I had a blast from what I was able to catch. Missed the last 15 minutes live and watched the archive of it. Holy shit having a wild Jeff Green appear in a luchadore mask was the best.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wouldn't have been the same w/o SMiTE, having the chat go crazy whenever it came up was a complete hoot.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By fobwashed

I was there for the first time to watch it in person this year and it was incredible. That being said, I almost feel like it would be a better experience to watch it streaming on the Internet than live if you're half way or further in the back of the room. It's unfortunate they couldn't put a feed on the main screen. Of course, the informal meet and greet following the show would more than make up for the lack of being able to see much during the show.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Yay though I watched the archive just now not live. This is preferable to watching it on Tuesday.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

As someone that primarily pretends the chat doesn't exist during live-shows, I'd prefer the archive. But sometimes I'm impatient and may still watch the live-stream anyway.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Nodima

I watched the archive and it was fine, being constantly cut off by ads was pretty frustrating though (and I thought I had/have ad block on). I'm interested to watch it all again when Drew posts his cut, though - I have to assume we're going to get to see the guy in the Crash Bandicoot jacket and the Gamestop Mad Hatter - since it was really entertaining and I watched it in a post work, 3AM haze.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14 chaser324  Moderator

I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a clean archive posted on GB next week. If the ads are too much, just wait for that.

boron_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started to watch it live, but we have real shit net where I live (NZ) so I thought Id wait for scanlon edition. But that Lang intro! sooo good!

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By beforet

I needed to reactivate adblock, I could not stand the Twitch ads. The banners didn't bother me that much, though some were just ridiculous in how large they were. Also, was it just me or did it seem like the banner ads began to cycle much more quickly after the crew talked about them?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I watched it because the weather sucked recently, but I'll still check out Drew's to see that Stronghold interview.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.