Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2011

Concept »

The eighth annual Penny Arcade Expo took place from August 26-28, 2011 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

Panel Schedule Released: Post your plans!

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

So they just released the schedule for the panels at PAX. I've already made a list of the ones I'm sure to try to get to.

PAX Prime 2011 Keynote: David Jaffe

Main Theatre

Friday 10:30am - 11:30am

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Unicorn Theatre

Friday 2:00pm - 3:00pm

Halo Universe

Pegasus Theatre

Friday 4:00pm - 5:00pm

The Giant Bomb Variety Hour

Pegasus Theatre

Friday 8:30pm - 10:30pm

Irrational Games

Unicorn Theatre

Saturday 2:00pm - 3:00pm

Acquisitions, Inc: The Last Will and Testament of James Darkmagic I

Main Theatre

Saturday 3:30pm - 5:30pm

This is Only a Test - The Tested Podcast Goes Live!

Serpent Theatre

Sunday 11:30am - 1:30pm

Inside Gearbox Software

Pegasus Theatre

Sunday 3:00pm - 4:00pm

Omegathon Final Round

Main Theatre

Sunday 5:30pm - 6:30pm

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By damswedon
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

The Mega64 panel is called "Mega64 Based Panel".

Perfect.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4  Edited By Marino  Staff

The Mega64 panel and Giant Bomb panel are back-to-back on Friday night.

I'm trying to remember if they clear out the theatres before letting people in for the next panel. If so, it looks like I'll be skipping Mega64 for the first time in 6 PAX's.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Vexxan

Wish I could go :/

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Marino said:

The Mega64 panel and Giant Bomb panel are back-to-back on Friday night.

I'm trying to remember if they clear out the theatres before letting people in for the next panel. If so, it looks like I'll be skipping Mega64 for the first time in 6 PAX's.

They clear after each panel.  With certain exceptions.  LIke they don't clear after the Keynote and before Mike and Jerry do their thing.  There might be other cases like this, but I do not know of them.    But you'd only need to skip Mega if you have to be in the front of the GB line.  I'm sure you remember how much space tehre was in teh GB panel.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

So wait, if I go to the Mega 64 thing I might miss the Giant bomb panel!?

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By YoungFrey

I don't know if the rooms are the same size as last year. So all I can say for sure is, if you go to Mega 64, the entire Giant Bomb line will get let in before you. And I'm sure some decent number of Mega fans will also want to see GB. But M64 gets out 30 minutes before GB, so you can beat that much of the line. If it's the same size and crowd as last year, you will probably still get a seat even if everyone from 64 loops back in to see Giant Bomb. There was tons of room. Of course that means skipping the Friday concert you want to go to. Tough choices.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@YoungFrey said:

I don't know if the rooms are the same size as last year. So all I can say for sure is, if you go to Mega 64, the entire Giant Bomb line will get let in before you. And I'm sure some decent number of Mega fans will also want to see GB. But M64 gets out 30 minutes before GB, so you can beat that much of the line. If it's the same size and crowd as last year, you will probably still get a seat even if everyone from 64 loops back in to see Giant Bomb. There was tons of room. Of course that means skipping the Friday concert you want to go to. Tough choices.

The line for Giant Bomb got insane last year an hour before the panel even started.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YoungFrey

@Hailinel said:

@YoungFrey said:

The line for Giant Bomb got insane last year an hour before the panel even started.

My memory appears to have been lying to me. I was remembering plenty of space, but looking at the video, the room looks pretty full. I apologize for that. Still if you love M64 you ave maybe a 30 minute window to line up for GB. Better than nothing. And they hang out afterwards to answer questions, anyone who misses the panel could wait around for that.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ShaneDev

It's weird to see Tested listed there, should be good to watch/listen to though.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#12  Edited By Marino  Staff

Another thing worth noting...

If you get up and leave the Mega64 panel, they WILL make fun of you and berate you for doing so. I've seen it happen several times. So leave at your own risk! ;)

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By sarge1445

DAMN IT giantbomb is the same time as the concerts DAMN IT ALL TO HELL

thisisalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thisisalan

Not having had to plan a PAX schedule before, I was blown away by the sheer number of must-see panels and events. I'm not sure how I'm going to balance attending the ones I want to see with keeping my plans chill and flexible, but I'm guessing it will more than likely involve not sleeping or eating for three days.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By melcene

I have to see if I can even go to any panels.  I seriously doubt my husband will be terribly interested in panels, but if we clear the Expo pretty good on Friday and most of Saturday, we'll see what Saturday evening and Sunday bring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.