Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2012

Concept »

The ninth annual PAX Prime took place between August 31-September 2, 2012 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

How early can I line up for the GB PAX panel?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By yoshimitz707

I mean, there are other panels in the theatre before Giant Bomb so I don't think a huge line can form that blocks off people before everyone has gone inside for the previous panel but I'm just wondering how early the line usually starts.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By YI_Orange

You can line up as soon as the other panel goes inside if you want. But usually half an hour early will get you seat, not necessarily a great one though.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@yoshimitz707 said:

I mean, there are other panels in the theatre before Giant Bomb so I don't think a huge line can form that blocks off people before everyone has gone inside for the previous panel but I'm just wondering how early the line usually starts.

Enforcers have gotten more strict recently about lining up early. At PAX East this year they didn't allow anyone to line up until the Eidos panel had almost ended, and even then we were put into two sectioned off rooms before the proper line even started.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Daneian

@YI_Orange said:

You can line up as soon as the other panel goes inside if you want. But usually half an hour early will get you seat, not necessarily a great one though.

They also have a second room everyone is packed into to get a headcount so you'll know whether or not you're getting in. I was there about an hour early last year and there were already a lot of people.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sarge1445

fuck why is it that the giantbomb stuff is always the same time as the concerts

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By zidd

They prefer late night sessions so they can run longer.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@sarge1445 said:

fuck why is it that the giantbomb stuff is always the same time as the concerts

Because with their awesome musical guests like Eric Pope and the Harmonix Crew, they often compete with the concerts. ;)

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Bartman3010

Last year the show was supposed to last two hours, but was cut in half as the hotel staff wanted everyone out of the building after the first hour.

I probably got in there like, one hour before the thing even opened, and it was neccesary, since my legs were already giving out at that point.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By unsolvedparadox

It's usually at least an hour, but by that time there's already a huge crowd ready to spring into a line as soon as it's formed. If you want to be safe and get a good seat, I would say a minimum of 90 minutes in advance.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By yoshimitz707

@UnsolvedParadox: So, getting good seats is more a matter of luck then because of the huge crowd that pops into a line?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.