PAX Prime 2012: The Giant Bomb Panel

#201 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Best PAX panel you guys have done so far imo, and Patrick's acknowledgment of and thank you to the community seriously almost made me cry, no joke.

<>

#202 Posted by The_Deuteragonist (35 posts) -
@Zaccheus said:

So that thumbnail is from Manhunt, right?

#203 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@The_Deuteragonist: YOU WIN

#204 Edited by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

@The_Deuteragonist: Holy fuck.

#205 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2451 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

To that other shit-bum in the audience who is a bum full of shit: Canada still totally has pennies. They're gone in some places, but still there in others.

SWAG.

He's not full of shit. Of course there are still pennies left. The government can't just round them up from everywhere but they've stopped making new pennies and I'm sure the banks send them whatever they get.

#206 Posted by mrsmiley (1095 posts) -

@The_Deuteragonist said:

@Zaccheus said:

So that thumbnail is from Manhunt, right?

AMAZING.

#207 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

The Cards Against Humanity Second Expansion arrived while I was watching this.

#208 Edited by ChrisTaran (1583 posts) -

And as always, the worst part about any GB panel is having to suffer through the terrible questions by people who have no idea how to talk.

Otherwise amazing panel duders :D

#209 Posted by lordofultima (6234 posts) -

@iamtheconsensus said:

Why is Jeff standing for the rest of the panel halfway through?

Just simulating the time he had as host on GameSpot's The HotSpot. Host ALWAYS STANDS UP.

#210 Posted by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

Lovely panel. Can't wait for another CAH feature!

#211 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

@Superfriend said:

Good show guys! Even the questions from the audience were kinda enjoyable. Well, except for a few dudes who probably shouldn´t line up for anything other than brain surgery.

Jeff was ON FIRE the whole time! Great to see such energy. But he kinda had to be, since Brad and Vinny seemed a bit sleepy.. again, great show though. I wouldn´t mind seeing another panel soon.

Brad's already confessed in the past that he (understandably) gets super-nervous when he's part of the focus for such a large crowd. In fact he recently admitted on the bombcast that he had a bit of liquid courage before going on to help him handle it.

As for Vinny, I think he's generally a really mellow kind of guy, so it's probably tough and not quite in his nature to compete against the likes of Ryan & Jeff who are just an absolute fountain of energy.

Oh and of course fucking baller of a panel right here. Undoubtedly one of their best.

#212 Posted by Brackynews (4060 posts) -

@Sparklykiss: HAY GUYS CAN I BE IN UR SEKRIT SUBGROOP?

@lordofultima: But yet during On The Spot they sat down? I blame Tested and its stand up desks.

@ChrisTaran: Some people know how to talk, but get a scosh nervous in large crowds. Like Brad Shoemaker. And Mike Krahulik. :p

#213 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Great panel at Pax, can't wait to see more GB coverage/news that they're putting together from this as it sounds like they had a blast with this & other panels going on.

#214 Posted by michaeldim (83 posts) -

"Are you having a stroke... or am I?"

Never stop being Jeff.

#215 Posted by Brackynews (4060 posts) -

@The_Nubster: Rewatch it with the volume up. First dude said "officially stopping the print [sic] of pennies" this fall, second audience dude said "already happened" which is true, last spring.First dude then hyperbolised "ok there's no more pennies in Canada". But you don't seriously think 30 Billion pennies will just disappear overnight do ya? That'd be a hell of a sequel to Heat.

#216 Posted by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

Ryan is a whole lot of man.

#217 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@Superfriend said:

Good show guys! Even the questions from the audience were kinda enjoyable. Well, except for a few dudes who probably shouldn´t line up for anything other than brain surgery.

Jeff was ON FIRE the whole time! Great to see such energy. But he kinda had to be, since Brad and Vinny seemed a bit sleepy.. again, great show though. I wouldn´t mind seeing another panel soon.

Brad's already confessed in the past that he (understandably) gets super-nervous when he's part of the focus for such a large crowd. In fact he recently admitted on the bombcast that he had a bit of liquid courage before going on to help him handle it.

As for Vinny, I think he's generally a really mellow kind of guy, so it's probably tough and not quite in his nature to compete against the likes of Ryan & Jeff who are just an absolute fountain of energy.

Oh and of course fucking baller of a panel right here. Undoubtedly one of their best.

this

#218 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3243 posts) -

Awwwww, chyeah!

@5eNintendan said:

Well damn, was gonna fap, but now I have this to watch. Guess fapping will need to wait.

Why wait.

#219 Posted by Foggen (842 posts) -

I require a report on that document.

#220 Posted by leinad44 (506 posts) -

Jeff was on fucking fire!

#221 Posted by RazielCuts (2947 posts) -

Already watched it but just came back to say 'Best Thumbnail 2012'

#222 Posted by XcL (152 posts) -

40 cents ya'll

#223 Posted by MjHealy (1841 posts) -

I LOVED Jeff's bit about the guy who took his 40 cents. The long tradition of fine PAX panels continues!

#224 Posted by Th3irdEye (256 posts) -

Anyone else see the small thumbnail image for this video and think Jeff had some white shit sprayed across his face instead of a plastic bag? I thought the panel was going somewhere homoerotic for a second. Then there was plenty of that sort of thing in the show anyway so it all worked out.

#225 Posted by SolongWrex (150 posts) -

People should be required to provide their username when asking questions so that we can hate more on the awkward clowns. A couple of guys there had no business being in line for anything. But I guess you just have to take them with the good ones.

#226 Posted by phatcat (150 posts) -

@SuperZamrod: more man than you >:C

#227 Posted by SolongWrex (150 posts) -

@Canteu: Why would you want there to be less Ryan? A lot of Ryan for a relatively short time is better than not much Ryan at all for a long time.

#228 Posted by eloj (491 posts) -

Why would they call it "Big Live Live Show: Live! 3!" instead of "Big Live Live Show: Live! - The Third!". Makes no sense.

#229 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

aside from the dumbass that ask the bat question, and the awkward guy that brought up the ff14 thing , and the unecessary question about medal of honor that ate up most of the time, the questions were fine

#230 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@Will_M said:

@Castermhief117 said:

@Soulblitz said:

Gonna be totally honest and say I genuinely don't get the president t-rex joke. Dunno whether being outside of the US has anything to do with it, but yeah, can someone help me out?

Perhaps I didn't get it either but I still laughed my ass off. It was just completely ridiculous and they were so into it - if it referenced anything, I don't know.

Jeff was referencing a "speech" that actor/director Clint Eastwood gave at the Republican National Convention (its like PAX but for generally rich, white, and sometimes racist people who call themselves a political party). Eastwood spent over 10 minutes talking to an empty chair with an imaginary Barack Obama. That's why Jeff made to joke about the TRex Presidente and looked to the empty chair. And then Ryan talked about how topical it was. And then I wrote this comment essplaining it all.

Good job generalizing there.

Yeah! A significant number of them are poor, white, and racist.

#231 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -
#232 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3141 posts) -

Holy shit Jeff's 40 cent rage.

#233 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

I liked the EDtv question, and the dude asked it well.

#234 Posted by BravoJade (56 posts) -

Jeff was *on* for this, and it was great.

#235 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Awesome stuff.

#236 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@Meowshi said:

@Nottle said:

@Will_M said:

@Castermhief117 said:

@Soulblitz said:

Gonna be totally honest and say I genuinely don't get the president t-rex joke. Dunno whether being outside of the US has anything to do with it, but yeah, can someone help me out?

Perhaps I didn't get it either but I still laughed my ass off. It was just completely ridiculous and they were so into it - if it referenced anything, I don't know.

Jeff was referencing a "speech" that actor/director Clint Eastwood gave at the Republican National Convention (its like PAX but for generally rich, white, and sometimes racist people who call themselves a political party). Eastwood spent over 10 minutes talking to an empty chair with an imaginary Barack Obama. That's why Jeff made to joke about the TRex Presidente and looked to the empty chair. And then Ryan talked about how topical it was. And then I wrote this comment essplaining it all.

Yeah! A significant number of them are poor, white, and racist.

#237 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@George_Hukas said:

So now we need to photoshop this and put a brazzers logo at the bottom.

#238 Posted by Airickson (120 posts) -

Really appreciate the excellent editing of this panel -- the multiple camera angles were put together exceedingly well. For those of us who can't make it to these things, it's great to be able to witness it in this manner! Thanks!

#239 Posted by hsvlad (142 posts) -

Is the music at the start from one of the Homeworld games?

#240 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

sup

#241 Posted by PandaShake (388 posts) -

Amazing panel

and good on the guy who asked Vinny his next gamefly game to cut the awkwardness from continuing

#242 Posted by SHAKIRALOVER (51 posts) -

"I'm an astronaut."

#243 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1106 posts) -

Jeff brought the hammer down on Machinima, damn.

#244 Posted by ThePickle (4164 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

I would be happy if they stopped taking questions, It seems most the people go up there just because they feel like it, not because they have a good question to ask.

Some of the questions did tee up Jeff to dominate the end of the panel, but my god those people were awkward.

#245 Posted by AssInAss (2615 posts) -

Jeff - "Machinima.com? Oh you mean youtube.com/machinima" LOL

FUCK Rooster Teeth and its juvenile fans!

Giant Bomb keeping it real, no crying over some Dead Island trailer!

(No, but seriously I like their Red vs Blue stuff and anything besides from that is amateur hour)

#246 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

That rant on pennies and 40 cents was brilliant.

#247 Posted by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

There was a Fluttershy shirt in that Q&A.

SPEAK UP, WHO ARE YOU, BRONY.

Speaking.

#248 Posted by Peanut (953 posts) -

I need to go to one of those so I can stand up and loudly boo the awkward mother fuckers who need to sit down and shut the fuck up.

#249 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (485 posts) -

That video capture is awesome!!

#250 Posted by wolfskind (56 posts) -

We need some Giant Bomb Panel here in Europe. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.