PAX Prime 2012's 3-Day Passes Are Sold Out

#1 Posted by Marino (4704 posts) -

Well, that was fast. Less than a week after going on sale, they're gone.

There are still individual day passes...for now.

If you were planning on going, and didn't get a 3-day, you're stuck paying a premium on separate badges, but you better do it fast.

http://prime.paxsite.com/registration.php

Staff
#2 Posted by JeanLuc (3584 posts) -

Damn, that was way fast then PAX East.

#3 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

Well then, it looks like my plans on going to PAX Prime have been killed. God...dammit.

I don't know. I might still go. Goddammit, I REALLY wanna go. $95.00 isn't THAT much in comparison to everything I'll get to partake in whilst there.

Plus, I totally owe you for the past couple of years' worth of LoL skins, Marino.

#4 Posted by Marino (4704 posts) -

@jakob187: You can still get single day passes, it's just that to buy three of them, you're paying $40 more than you would have with a 3-day pass. Not ideal, but not terrible.

Staff
#5 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

@Marino said:

@jakob187: You can still get single day passes, it's just that to buy three of them, you're paying $40 more than you would have with a 3-day pass. Not ideal, but not terrible.

For everything that I'd get to see and do at PAX, I think even $100 is a pretty hardcore bargain.

#6 Posted by rentfn (1280 posts) -

I've never been to prime but $100 isn't bad at all for the fun you would have. I wish i could afford a plane ticket I would love to go to Seattle and pax.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24818 posts) -

Good thing I got in on the three-day passes when the system was briefly up last week.

#8 Posted by Binny (96 posts) -

Looks like Sunday is the only day left.

#9 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Can't sleep on PAX. EREONE wants to go to PAX.

#10 Posted by Marino (4704 posts) -

@Binny: Yeah. Pure insanity.

Staff
#11 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@Marino said:

@Binny: Yeah. Pure insanity.

This is my first PAX so I wasn't even sure if I could afford a hotel or the trip up to Seattle, but decided to jump on the 3-day pass the first day it was available. So glad I did now.

#12 Posted by Marino (4704 posts) -

And they're officially, completely, entirely sold out.

Crazy.

Staff
#13 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2304 posts) -

Aww. I really wanted to gothis year but I didn't think the tickets would be sold out so fast. I guess maybe next year...

#14 Posted by Hailinel (24818 posts) -
@Marino

And they're officially, completely, entirely sold out.

Crazy.

Holy shitballs.
#15 Posted by MarkOnFire (65 posts) -

Is it even worth considering getting passes on eBay or Craigslist? I had my heart set on going this year and totally blew it. I know the PAX dudes strongly discourage looking elsewhere, but realistically, has anyone here successfully gotten a badge that way?

#16 Posted by Hailinel (24818 posts) -
@MarkOnFire

Is it even worth considering getting passes on eBay or Craigslist? I had my heart set on going this year and totally blew it. I know the PAX dudes strongly discourage looking elsewhere, but realistically, has anyone here successfully gotten a badge that way?

Last year, people got scammed into scalping counterfeit passes. My advice is don't give in to that temptation.
#17 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

Time to start officially planning for PAX East. I WILL be there...and there WILL be Rock Band played.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (24818 posts) -

I've read a rumor that LoL players basically slashdotted registration. I'm not sure what to think, other than it's insane how fast every pass sold.

#19 Posted by NTM (7381 posts) -

Of course they are. I wasn't planning on going this year, but one time I was with a friend, and very quickly were we unfortunate because this happened. We live in WA, and we couldn't even go dammit! Whatever though. I like sitting at home and viewing the coverage.

#20 Posted by CatsAkimbo (626 posts) -

I got a pass, but I don't think any of my friends did... I'm not sure I want to go alone.

#21 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

This totally took me by surprise. Since PAX East this year didn't even sell out. I know it was on Easter, but still, they had Friday passes the week of the event. 2011 Prime took 38 days to sell out. I wonder if this was in any way sped up because they had a false start which gave a week for the word to spread. At least I'll have a year to make my peace with maybe not going in 2013.

#22 Posted by MarkOnFire (65 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo: If you need a buyer, you know where to find me.

#23 Posted by MarkOnFire (65 posts) -

@Hailinel: I know, that's probably good advice. But DAMN. It seems like every year, I plan on attending a PAX, it sells out, I adjust to attend the other PAX, it sells out, wash, rinse, repeat. I just want to hang with gamer folk, dammit.

@CatsAkimbo: If you need a buyer, you know where to find me. Unless you're a scammer. Then...go away.

#24 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo: I'm in the same boat. I was planning on going with a group of friends and splitting the cost of a hotel, but none of them managed to get tickets and now I feel left out in the cold.

#25 Posted by CatsAkimbo (626 posts) -

@ReyGitano said:

@CatsAkimbo: I'm in the same boat. I was planning on going with a group of friends and splitting the cost of a hotel, but none of them managed to get tickets and now I feel left out in the cold.

Yeah, I think I'd be ok going alone, but the expensive hotel alone or rooming with strangers both sound like a bummer.

#26 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo: Yeah, I don't feel like I have a problem going alone because of how I imagine I would tackle PAX, and I just need a Hotel room to shower and sleep, so mostly I'm concerned about the price.

#27 Posted by nick_verissimo (1385 posts) -

Me and a bunch of friends were all planning on going this year and that plan was swiftly shot in the head. Haha man, this is a total bummer!

#28 Posted by cyraxible (688 posts) -

God dammit. I really don't want to miss a year, it's never sold out this quickly before. I hate it but I'll probably end up spending way more. That is if I can find one for sale.

#29 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I hate these god damn scalpers, I was planning to go to my first PAX but that aint happening anymore.

Not gonna buy tickets off ebay with 200% mark up. The organizers should really learn form this and not allow this shit show to happen again, I dunno maybe have limited sale each day, expand PAX to even more days or have more PAXs.

This is really, really, really, really, uber lame.

I had money saved for this, oh well might look at going to Europe now or something, drown my sorrows with alcohol, drugs and hookers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.